[twenty four]

The thing about the holidays nearing is that it means the final term examinations are just around the corner too. While Hermione had ample time to review in the remaining two weeks prior to the exams, Draco's Quidditch training was taking up all his spare time. He was balancing being a head prefect, student and athlete all at the same time, and the stress it was giving him made Hermione laugh smugly.

"I'll be downstairs revising my notes. You can stay here and do whatever it is Quidditch players do before their big game." Hermione snickered as she left their room and headed down to their small table to study.

Draco cursed McGonagall once again for moving the game that was supposed to be held at the beginning of November to the end of the month. He barely had time to study for his exams, do his rounds and train with his team all at once.

Not to mention all the conditioning exercises he's had to do alone in his spare time. He and Hermione had a free period before their classes after lunch, so they returned to their common room to get work done. Draco was currently shirtless doing push-ups in their bedroom whilst Hermione finalised her Charms notes downstairs.

The truth was, Hermione always made sure she didn't study in the same room as Draco when he's working out. Never in her life has she been distracted from her revising until now. The muscles on Draco's back flexing after every movement and the tiny beads of sweat that rolled down his chest...Hermione swallowed.

She wasn't sure whether Draco has caught on to her tactics yet, but she's hoping that he'll be too preoccupied to notice. Knowing him, he'll find a way to tease Hermione about it. Provoke her. Then, she'll get zero work done, and he'll be left smirking in triumph.

However, Draco, as observant as he was, caught on to this little routine of hers after the first few days. So, today, after hurriedly finishing the reps he has so responsibly instructed the entire team to do everyday, he decided to walk down to Hermione and make her pay.

He made a vow that one way or another, in one class or more, he'll get higher marks than her. If the only way to do that now is to distract her.... Well, safe to say Draco had big plans.

He didn't bother wiping the sweat off his chest when he came down pretending he was thirsty. How convenient it was the Hermione was facing the kitchen counters while revising. "Love, where are the glasses, again?" Draco asked innocently as he approached

Hermione didn't bother looking up when she answered "The left one, my sweet."

Draco narrowed his eyes at her lack of attention before he filled an empty glass with cold water. 'A different tactic then.' Draco though to himself as he approached her, casually leaning against her chair to look at the notes she was writing.

Hermione stiffened the moment his bare skin connected with her arm, and forced herself to keep her eyes on her paper 'Breathe, Hermione.'

"What are you studying?" Draco asked, lacing his words with a little curiosity as he casually sipped on his glass of water

"Charms." Hermione cleared her throat after her voice came out as a squeak "Shouldn't you be taking a shower?"

Draco smirked and leaned against the table, blocking Hermione's view of her notes "Join me?"

Hermione almost choked on her own spit "I know what you're doing."

"What?" Draco asked, his face a mask of innocence

Hermione narrowed her eyes at him, forcing herself to look at him in the eyes...and in the eyes only "You're distracting me. I know you, Draco Malfoy."

Draco leaned down, his face mere inches away from hers "Are you sure? Maybe I just miss you. We haven't been in the same bed at the same time for days. You're always studying." he pouted