[R: sixty five]

"Nobody is blowing up the party that I poured my blood, sweat and magic to unless they want to be blown up by me."

Pansy looked livid as Harry and Ron hid the little packets of Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder under several ornaments in the Great Hall, while Viktor was going over the emergency plans with the three Aurors they'd managed to get for the night.

"Nobody's blowing up anything." Hermione assured her "We're just making sure we have something planned in case it all goes to hell."

"Whoever tries to ruin this ball, I swear—" Pansy groaned "I will send them to hell."

"Everyone's aware of their posts for the night." Ginny assured Hermione "I made sure with everyone back in the Gryffindor common room, and yes our Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw members were also there."

"Brilliant, thanks, Gin." Hermione grinned at her

"Now, can we please head back up to the common room so we can start getting ready?" Ginny pleaded "This hair isn't going to be curling itself."

Hermione forced a laugh "Alright, let's go." Ever since she agreed to go to the ball, her friends have done nothing but try to get her to be just as excited as they were. Ginny promised to get ready with her in their room, while Harry and Ron assured her they wont be leaving her side the entire night.

They all headed back up to the seventh floor, with Pansy and Celine rushing ahead, wanting to get ready as fast as they could so they can return to the venue as soon as possible. "Once we have our own children, you're beating Malfoy as school governor and building lifts." Ginny huffed at Harry

"Of course, darling." Harry hummed

Ginny looked back at Hermione, apologetic and wincing at her own words "'Mione, I forgot— I didn't mean to—"

"No harm done, Ginny." Hermione shook her head as they made it to the seventh floor "Don't worry about it." She smiled, though her thoughts were already on whether or not she and Draco would still make it back to each other.

Would they even still have children?

She sighed, perhaps now is not the time to be thinking these thoughts. Hermione wanted to put her mind on the right things tonight. She had a plan: celebrate with her friends, honor the dead, and bid good bye to the love of her life until they finally get the chance to fix him.

She wasn't supposed to give Draco another thought until they've successfully managed the battle.

As they entered the common room, Blaise, in his crisp and stylish dress robes, greeted them with a wide grin "Hermy, look how well I designed your mask!" He held it up for her to see like a proud kindergarten child, making everyone's eyes widen in surprise.

"Blaise, that's gorgeous!" Hermione gasped, coming forward "I never knew you had such a good eye for art."

"I will take that as a compliment." Blaise laughed, handing her the mask "I didn't want you to be in all blue, so I made it gold because silver's boring."

Hermione laughed and took it gratefully "Gold is perfect, thank you, Blaise."

"Anything for my Hermy, of course."

"Yes yes, now come and help me get ready, you doofus." Pansy practically dragged him upstairs "Herms, I might need your help with my hair."

"I'll be there as soon as I can." Hermione assured her with a small smile as her friends slowly slipped into a chaotic mess, buzzing around their dormitory getting ready for the ball.

"Remember, we have a speech." She heard Harry tell Ron as Ginny pulled her up to her quarters "You better be prepared."

"You're telling me?" Ron scoffed