[fifty three]

Ginny Weasley only had three non-negotiables for her engagement party, all of which Pansy and Celine agreed to.

First, it had to be held under the stars, for the same reason Harry proposed to her under the stars — because of Fred, who should've turned twenty years-old two days ago.

Second, it should be held on the fields of the Burrow, where Ginny knew Harry loved to take walks in after the war. Hermione and Harry probably thought Ginny didn't know about their habit of taking walks, but she did. The war left Ginny with her fair share of nightmares and insomnia, so whenever Hermione would get up in the middle of the night and the floorboards in Ron's room would creak, she knew the two best-friends were off to take a walk again. Ginny knew how important it was to Harry to take walks in open spaces at ungodly hours, for it reminded him of the freedom and peace he finally had. The Burrow wasn't just her home, it was also his. So, it only felt right to celebrate their engagement there.

Lastly, everyone had to help in the party. Ginny requested for all her friends to be there early to put up the decors, and to stay behind to take them down. She didn't want Draco Malfoy spending more than he had to on a party that wasn't even his to begin with. Besides, there was something sentimental about doing the preparations and cleaning up with her friends.

Everything else, all the other details, Pansy and Celine had veto power. Ginny didn't want to do too much for a party she didn't want in the first place. So, she was leaving it up to the people who thought it'd be a good idea. Apart from her three requests, apparently her parents had one more to add.

That, for everyone's safety, there would be dozens of ministry aurors on guard. The last time they held a party at the Burrow, things didn't turn out too well. Her parents didn't want that happening tonight.

Pansy and Celine were happy to oblige to all requests. With their written plans, mood boards and hoards of staff, they were able to turn the fields into a dreamy events place, buzzing with life and music. They opted for a rustic theme, with lanterns floating above-head, giving off a warm yellow tone to the night. The wooden tables were spread over the field evenly, with matching wooden chairs that went so well with the wildflowers spread everywhere—on the tables, the ground and the dance floor.

"You two really did a good job." Hermione beamed at Pansy and Celine as they ate "McGonagall was right to ask you both to plan the ball next month."

"Did Hermione Granger just compliment me?" Pansy gave off an exaggerated gasp

"We have been friends for months, Parkinson, this is getting old." Hermione rolled her eyes, causing the Slytherin girl to laugh.

"Well, I speak for us both when I say thank you." Celine grinned "Honestly, I'm excited for that ball. I have so much plans."

"It still beats me why we're holding a ball during such...dreary times." Theo made a face, but Draco just rolled his eyes.

"That's precisely the point of holding a ball, dumbass. McGonagall wants to keep the spirits up." Draco said

"I'm with Teddy on this on—" Hermione was interrupted by a high-pitched squeal behind her

"Wayco!"

Draco turned around to find little Teddy Lupin reaching his arms up for Draco, with his hair an exact replica of Draco's platinum blond "You have a fan, Malfoy. He's been asking for you." Harry chuckled as he stood behind Teddy, careful to catch the small boy in case he trips over his own feet.

Draco picked Teddy up and grinned at the boy "Nice hair you got there, buddy."

"You!" Teddy burst into a fit of giggles as he pointed at Draco's own hair.