[ten]

The Great Hall was buzzing with energy when Draco and his friends entered it for supper. Hermione was standing, looking a bit unsure, next to him. "We'll be on the Slytherin table if you need us." Draco said to her quietly.

Hermione peered over his shoulder to glance at Draco's friends, only to find them smirking at them "What?" Hermione narrowed her eyes

"Nothing. We'll go grab the space at the end of the table for you, Draco." Pansy snickered and sauntered ahead

"I think I'll go talk to Harry now." Hermione sighed

"Come and find me if you need me, Granger." Draco said coolly, but his eyes held a certain type of worry in them "I mean it." he added

"I know, Malfoy, and I will." Hermione nodded and walked over to the Gryffindor table before Draco can notice the sudden rush of heat on her cheeks. When she arrived at her house's table, her heart was still racing - from the anxiety of seeing Ron or because of Draco's sudden care she didn't know. "Harry, you wanted to speak?" Hermione asked

"I didn't know if Malfoy was actually going to pass the message." Harry laughed unsurely

"Hermione, listen." Ron began

"Not now, Ron." Hermione looked at him tiredly before turning to Harry "Outside, please?"

"Alright." Harry nodded and squeezed Ginny's hand before standing

"Ron, behave yourself." Ginny warned quietly

The people around them had seen how Ron and Hermione just spoke to each other, and were already whispering amongst themselves the reason for their quarrel. The red tinge on Ron's cheeks intensified the people's curiosity, but he shut his mouth and just continued his meal. Meanwhile, Harry and Hermione had proceeded to speak just out the Great Hall, where the moonlight's silence offered Hermione some peace.

"I see Malfoy's been kind to you." Harry pointed out as he casually leaned against the wall next to where Hermione was seated

"He has been." Hermione agreed with a sigh "Surprisingly, I guess."

"Surprisingly is damn right." Harry laughed humorlessly "Are you sure you can trust the git?"

"Am I sure?" Hermione chuckled "Harry, I was sure Ron wasn't going to hurt me, and look what's been happening. I don't know if I'm sure of anything at all anymore."

"So you don't trust him?" Harry asked with a raised brow

"I do. I do trust him." Hermione said "I trust his word, at least, that he's been trying his best to be better. I see it."

"Are you certain you aren't being naive, Hermione?" Harry asked with a sigh

At that, Hermione paused. Was she being naive? It's only been a couple of weeks, days even, since this whole thing started, after all. "I suppose I am, but I have a feeling it's worth it." Hermione said "Do you know what I mean? It's like a gut feeling, Harry, I can't exactly explain it. All I know is that he's being true, and that as of now, I can trust his word."

"You haven't been imperiused, have you?" Harry joked

"Harry!" Hermione scolded with a laugh, but at that joke she knew that Harry did not just understand her, he trusted her judgement.

"Look, I just needed to know you're still being cautious. He put us through so much, even if he had conflicting loyalties, he wasn't a very good person." Harry said "You're my sister, Hermione, I just wanted to be sure you're safe."

Hermione smiled and tugged at Harry's hand to sit him next to her "I know, and I'm grateful for it, Harry."

"I do understand where Ron's coming from, despite the odd way he shows it." Harry shook his head "I still don't trust Malfoy. I think it will take much more than a right hook to prove his loyalty, but I do trust you."