#27 Moceit: Janus's Birthday

This chapter is gonna be Mociet bc I'm starting to write new ships and I have an obsession.

Janus woke up an hour later than usual, 8:00. As his vision focused, he saw his boyfriend Patton, snuggled into his chest. Patton turned his head to face Janus, kissing him softly,

"Morning Jan! Happy Birthday!" He said in a cheerful, bubbly mood.

"Thank you sweetheart." Janus kissed Pat's forehead, "You're not usually up this early, how long have you been awake?"

"I've been up for about half an hour, I wanted to let you sleep in. It's about 8:06 now, the others wanted time to surprise you."

Soon after, Patton suggested that they go downstairs. Just like that, the two got dressed and went down.

Once at the bottom of the stairs, the others were waiting in the living room. They all exchanged good mornings and told Janus "Happy Birthday". For the first time in a while, Janus smiled in front of the others. He wasn't used to the others being so friendly,

"Maybe this won't be so bad..."

Later in the day, Janus got his gifts. Logan got him a book that Janus had been talking about for a while. Virgil had given him a framed picture of them with Remus,

"I know it's been a while but I found it... I felt bad about it breaking so I figured that I'd..." Virgil stopped when Janus had teared up, the anxious side gave him a hug. "I'm glad you like it."

(I didn't want to cry, you did! Moving on.....)

Patton had told Janus to close his eyes. When the deceitful trait opened them, he saw a terrarium. Janus was very confused, his old pet snake had passed away about four months back. He was going to tell Patton but he interrupted "Just wait Jan."

After that, Remus had a rather... interesting gift for Janus. It was a box of mice... live ones.

"Are you guys trying to mess with me? For the last time Remus, I don't eat mice-"

"You need to be patient, Dee! And I know you eat mice, I caught you-"

"Remus stop." Roman pushed his brother to the side, facing Janus. "I know we haven't always gotten along and I was an asshole and stuff. I'm glad that we get along better now but uh- I thought this could prove to you that I really don't hate you... "

Suddenly there was a yellow snake with black stripes in Romans arms, it slowly slithered over to Janus who was staring in awe. The snake and Janus had made eye contact, it was like they were having a conversation. After about 30 seconds of that, the snake wrapped itself around Janus.

"I... thank you Roman. I really don't know what to say." Janus smiled, petting the snake.

"Don't mention it, I'm glad you like her. Virgil told me how much Pac-Man meant to you so... yeah."

Janus thanked him again before asking Patton to help him carry his stuff to his room. Saying it was time to give Roxie some of the mice from Remus.

"Oh, you named her already?" Patton asked as he set the terrarium down.

"Mhm, I thought it would be cute to name her after a character from a musical. Now that I think of it, naming her after a musical character makes more since because Roman gave to me."

"Oh my gosh, that's adorable!" Patton gushed, "So she's named after Roxie Hart from Chicago, right?"

"Yep, I think it suits her."

"Definitely. I'm glad you had a great birthday, Jan Jan." Patton smiled, kissing Janus. "Now let's set up her terrarium.