#8 Demus: What Happened?

(I know I said there would be more than one ship but... these two make the best one shots if you need a good laugh... or angst and a good laugh)

*Third Person*
Janus was standing in the kitchen, preparing food for dinner. He quietly sang to himself, still wondering when Remus would come back.
"Where did he say he was going again?" Janus asked, talking to himself. "Doing something with Roman...? Some sort of mission. I hope that bonehead isn't hurt."
He went to wash his hands. The kitchen became a bit of a mess... new recipes are hard. After the flour was cleaned up, he went on with cooking. Soon hearing the door open,
"Oh Remus! You're home-" Janus stopped, his boyfriend looked beat up and it looked like he was bleeding. Remus didn't say a word, he looked scared that Janus had seen him. After the two stared at each other for a minute, Remus cracked and sprinted to his room.
"Wait- Remus!" He ran behind, trying to stop him.
*SLAM*
Once he turned the corner, Janus saw the door shut. He stood in front of it, eventually leaning against it and sitting down.
"Remus... I'm here for you, alright? Can you talk to me?" He heard a sniff but no response, then there was a shuffle. Remus had moved but leaned back against the door.
"Did he grab something?" Janus thought, starting to hear little scribbles. When the noise stopped, there was another sniff and then a paper came out from the bottom of the door. He picked it up, Remus wrote a note.

"Hey, I don't really wanna talk right now. I know it was sudden but I'm glad that I'm at home with you again. Just give me a little more time, I love you. ^-^
-Remus <3"

Janus smiled a bit, holding the note close to him. "I understand Re, take as much time as you need. I'm not leaving until you come out." He closed his eyes and leaned his head against the door, "And I love you too, goofball."

*An hour later...*

    Janus had fallen asleep leaning against the door, Remus eventually decided to come out and talk. He opened the door, Janus immediately fell backwards and woke up.
"Huh? What time is it?" He looked up, "Remus...?"
"I think you fell asleep, it's been about an hour... I'm sorry." He responded, tearing up a bit.
"Hey, i-it's alright." Janus told him, standing up to hug him. "You didn't do anything wrong, everyone needs space sometimes. But... can you tell me what happened?"
"Um... dragon-witch...es." He said, looking up.
"Wait. Like, more than one?"
"Hehe, yep. There were like four of them."
"I thought you and Roman got along with her."
"We get along with one of them, somehow we found more that are very violent. I had to help Roman get home and then teleported here... I was really tired and hurt, I didn't want you to worry. Please don't be mad."
"Don't ever do that again. You could've been killed!" Remus backed up a bit, "I'm not mad I just-"
"I know, I know. You were worried, that's why I went to my room. I hoped you wouldn't suspect anything."
"Well... having blood on your clothes is normal, but I couldn't help but worry when I saw that terrified look on your face, you rarely get scared. That's what drove me up here... well, and your black eye."
"Ha! These are my battle scars!" Remus grinned, lightening the mood.
"Okay," Janus chuckled, "Let's go take care of your 'battle scars' tough guy."
The two hugged and then headed toward the bathroom to get some bandage wrap, then Janus got some ice for Remus's eye.
"Thanks babe." He chuckled.
"Of course, your safety is important. I love you."
"I love you too, snake boi."
The two had a good laugh and then decided to watch a movie for the rest of the night. They had an eventful afternoon.