#3 Prinxiety: Cat Instinct

It was a rainy afternoon in the Mind Palace, Virgil was snuggled up in Romans lap, watching a movie in the prince's room. They were watching "The Lion King" while enjoying each other's presence when Roman started petting Virgil's hair.
    Now for the average person that's not a problem, but there was something that Roman didn't know about his little emo... he had a cat instinct.
    Basically this means that he has ears and a tail (that he can usually hide) and he has similar traits to a cat. These traits being: sitting in random places, being really cuddly, hissing, liking laser pointers, and even purring. But nothing made Virgil lose control of his cat instinct more than people petting his hair.
    "Oh shit," Virgil thought, "I haven't told Ro about my cat instinct! What do I do?! Should I make an excuse to leave?! No, that would be mean! What do I-"
    "Are you alright, Virge?" Roman asked, snapping Virgil out of his thoughts. "Your breathing is really fast, do you need anything?"
    "Hm? Oh! N-no Ro, I'm alright." He stuttered, trying to calm down. This also made him notice that Roman was still petting his hair.
    "Are you sure? You look a bit nervous. I won't make you talk but, just know that I'm always here to listen."
    "Thanks princy, but really, I'm fine." Virgil affirmed, leaning his head on Romans chest. Roman just responded with a nod and continued to watch the movie, still a bit suspicious.
    About ten minutes after their conversation, Virgil couldn't take it any longer. He looked up at Roman who then looked worried, did Virgil really look that nervous?
    "Virge, are you shaking?" He asked, Virgil's eyes went wide as he realized he was silently purring (thank god Roman is oblivious). He went to feel his head, touching Romans hand in the process, then metally sighing in relief not feeling his cat ears. He then pulled his hood up, moving Roman's hand away in the process.
    "You didn't answer my question..." Roman stated, "You're acting kinda weird V, I just wanna make sure you're okay." Virgil felt tears in his eyes as he clung to Roman, hiding his face in his shoulder.
    "Hey, it's okay. I didn't mean to make you upset, I just thought-"
    "It's not your fault," Virgil interrupted, "I... I've been keeping something from you." Roman didn't know what to say, what did Virgil mean? He stayed silent as Virgil kept talking between sobs.
    "I-I didn't want you to *hic* l-leave me... I thought y-you would judge m-me but, you *hic* n-need to know." Roman started to rub Virgil's back, trying to calm him down.
    "Babe, I'd never judge you. I love you so much. I just want you to feel comfortable talking to me, can you please tell me what's going on? I want to help you."
    Virgil nodded as his crying stopped, he sat up and faced Roman.
    "I've been acting weird lately b-because I..." he paused to think, "I don't know how to put this. Um... can I j-just show you?"
    "Of course." Roman told him, "As long as you're okay with it." With that, Virgil pulled his hood off, revealing two cat ears the same color as his hair. Roman stared in awe, not knowing what to say.
    "C-can I..." Virgil knew what he meant, shaking his head. Roman reached up to pet behind Virgil's ears, causing the other to lean into his chest again.
    "So..." Virgil started, "Does this mean you're okay with it?"
    "Well why wouldn't I be? I love you Virgil, and besides... you're so soft!" Virgil blushed as he tried hiding his face from Roman, "Aww, don't do that. I wanna see your beautiful face."
    "Roman, stop it." Virgil whined, hitting Roman with his tail.
    "What if I don't want to?" Roman replied, Virgil looked up at him,
    "T-then,I'll make you stop." He stuttered before kissing the Princely trait. They stayed like that until they needed to part for air.
    "If that happens after I don't stop talking, I should do it more often." Roman said.
    "Whatever... I love you." Virgil mumbled, snuggling into his chest.
    "I love you too." Roman chuckled, kissing his head as the two fell asleep.