#48 Mociet: In Secret

A few weeks after SvS redux, Patton and Janus had started dating. Because of how things were going lately, the two decided that keeping it secret was best, at least for now. When no one else was looking, the couple would hold hands under a table or blanket. They would also sneak a hug or a short kiss if they had the chance.

Patton and Janus had been dating for eight months now, the tension between everyone had diffused (mostly). Right now, the couple was in Patton's room, talking.

"Janus, I'm just saying that we should be able to tell the others. No one is trying to pick fights anymore, it's more calm."

"I know...but I don't want to ruin that. I'm glad that it's more peaceful here now, I don't want to change that. The others will kill me-"

"Why would you say that?"

"I think you know why. They'll think I'm 'messing with your head' or something." Janus sighed, holding Patton closer to him. "I don't want them to try separating us."

"I promise they won't. But...if they don't support us, we can run away."

"What?!" Janus looked at his boyfriend. "Patton, how could you say that? You're the last person I'd expect to hear that from."

"I know it's harsh but I love you, Jan. If the others try to break us apart, we can leave. Maybe we could have our own home out in the imagination."

"I love you too sweetheart but we're not running away." Janus paused. "Do you really think they'll be fine with us dating?"

"Yeah, I do. I can't promise that all of them will be calm about it but there won't be any life or death situations."

"Alright. If you want to tell them, I suppose we could."

"Yay!" Patton grabbed Janus's hand, dragging him downstairs.

"Greetings Pat- oh." Logan paused, looking confused. "I am not asking this to be rude but, what are you two doing?"

"Wait...nerdy wolverine has a point." Roman added.

"It's nothing bad guys, I promise!" Patton smiled. "Wait...where's Virgil and Remus?"

"Someone mention my name?" Virgil walked downstairs as Remus fell from the...ceiling. "Wha-"

"Hello Virgil. Hi Remus" Janus said, trying to stay on Virgil's good side. "Okay, everyones here so um, Patton? Would you like to tell them?"

"Mhm!" Patton nodded his head, excited. "But first, you kiddos need to promise to be nice."

"Well sure, why wouldn't we?" Logan asked.

"I don't think that was directed at you." Remus chuckled, gesturing towards Roman.

"Pardon? I'm nicer than you!" Roman defended.

"Patton and I are dating!" Janus yelled over their bickering. They all stared at him, silently. "That's all."

"Alright...as long as you don't hurt him." Virgil glared a bit.

"I would never-"

"You aren't worthy-" Roman was about to yell when Logan smacked the back of his head.

"Like Virgil said, if you two are happy and truly love each other, we're happy for you." Logan looked towards Roman. "Right, Roman?"

"Yes, I cannot stand in the way of love." Roman said dramatically. "But if you hurt Patton, I will END you-"

"I'd like to see you try." Janus smirked, walking over to the couch with Patton. "C'mon Jan, you can't start fights either."

"Alright dear." Janus said, kissing Patton's nose.

Later that night, the couple decided to go back to Patton's room. Janus flopped onto the bed,

"How do you socialize that much without being tired?"

"I dunno, I've always been social." Patton shrugged. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Janus mumbled. "But I never want to talk that much again."

"Hm, I never thought you'd be so exhausted after talking to people. You're so charming and confident around them."

"It's still tiring, the confidence is mostly an act around them. I feel most comfortable around you so it's genuine when we're together, the others just...I don't know how to explain it."

"You don't have to explain, I think I know what you mean." Patton said, laying next to Janus. "Do you wanna go to bed early? Or we could just cuddle for a bit."

"I don't mind either way-" Janus stopped to yawn, wrapping his arms around Patton from behind. "I'll cuddle either way though."

"Awww, you're so cute."

"No I'm not, you're the cute one. I'm the charmer."

"Fair enough." Patton said, setting his glasses on the bedside table. "G'night Jan, I love you."

"I love you too, cupcake."

Patton giggled at the nickname, him and Janus soon falling asleep.

Hey guys, Happy Halloween! I was gonna make a holiday chapter but I didn't have the motivation. I like to write chapters ahead of time so I don't have to write something last minute, I try to post at least once a month.
Oh my god this didn't post on Halloween AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHGHHFJGKRNGNFK
Don't trust computer posting timers