#41 Prinxiety

Virgil was currently laying on his bed, thinking about his stupid boyfriend. His face was pink as he thought, he was overwhelmed by how gentle Roman was with him, he wasn't used to that. It felt weird...but it was a good weird.
    "It's too much...I thought I was ready for this. Maybe I'm not, what if we have to break up?!" Virgil thought out of nowhere. "No, I don't want to do that. This isn't overwhelming like being around people, it's comforting?"
    "What the fuck am I thinking?" Virgil asked aloud. "Is it even possible to be overwhelmed in a good way...?"
    "That sounds like love, dear~" A voice chuckled outside his door. "Can I come in?"
    "Y-Yeah." The anxious trait stuttered, sitting up. Roman came in, smiling at Virgil as he closed the door and made his way over to the bed. "How long were you there?"
    "Not very long, I wanted to check on you." Roman explained. "I heard you talking but the others were downstairs, I was confused."
    "Yeah, I talk to myself sometimes." Virgil let out a nervous laugh. "Why were you gonna check on me? It's normal for me to be in my room all day."
    "I know, I missed you." Roman smiled, holding Virgil's hand. "I'm also a bit worried, you looked upset before you went upstairs. Did I do something? I don't want to make you uncomfortable."
    There it was again, he's being so gentle. Virgil looked down, fidgeting with the comforter on his bed.
"Virge? Please be honest with me, I didn't mean to make you upset or-"
"I'm not upset with you Ro, I'm just confused."
"About what?"
"I'm new to the whole love and dating thing, I've never felt like this, all these emotions are weird and overwhelming...in a good way? I know it doesn't make sense. I usually get overwhelmed by things that freak me out, like being in crowds. But this is like a different kind of overwhelming, it makes me anxious in a comforting way. I don't know what it is and it's starting to scare me." Virgil spilled out, suddenly hearing a snicker. "What? What's so funny?"
"Virgil, that's love." Roman said with a dorky smile. "Love is all these emotions put together, it's messy but nice. I'm sorry that it was too much but it's new to you, it's gonna feel weird at first."
"So...I'm not losing my mind?"
"No, I hope not." Roman told him, suddenly looking more serious. "Are you sure I'm not moving too fast? Sometimes I forget that you're not used to this."
"I don't know, it's just new to me. Can we keep our relationship as it is? I'm fine holding your hand and cuddling sometimes...I want to get used to it more before anything else."
"Of course dear. Can I still kiss you?"
"U-um not on the lips...for now."
"Okay." Roman pressed a small kiss to Virgil's forehead. "Do you want to cuddle and watch a movie?"
"Yeah." Virgil smiled, resting on Roman's chest. Roman moved so he was against the head of the bed, wrapping his arms around Virgil's waist.
"Are you comfortable, Stormcloud?"
"Mhm." He mumbled, taking in his warmth.

Once in a while, Roman would ask Virgil how he was doing. By the end of the movie, Virgil's face was flushed as he started to fall asleep.
"I could really get used to this...he's such a dork."
------------------