#24 Demus: Leaving?

"Y-You're not l-leaving m-me…. a-are you?" Remus asked in full tears. 

After revealing his name to the others, Janus had gone to his boyfriends room to calm down, a lot had happened. Unfortunately, Remus had heard what happened.
Remus's breath had only quickened until he heard the full story. He was terrified, petrified! He had a full breakdown. His breathing uneasy, legs turning to jello, and tears covering his vision. He tried to stop himself but ended up smashing a mirror before stumbling over to a bedpost to help him stand. 

Currently, Janus was standing at the door, confused and heartbroken. 
"R-Remus… what do you mean?"
"Y-Y-You're here t-tell m-me that w-we…"
Janus walked over to him, burying his face into Remus's chest. He started crying too as Remus wrapped his arms around the others waist. "What are you talking about?" 
"A-Aren't you one of them now? Will they make you leave me?" 
Janus froze. He stayed still for a moment before whipping his head up and cupping Remus's cheek, giving him a soft kiss. 
    "No! Of course not!" Their eyes met, both of them starting to cry. "Even if I wanted to be a light side, I could never leave you! I love you..."
    "Do you m-mean that?"
    "Of course I do Re, you mean the world to me… what made you think I would leave you?" 
    "T-The way they acted around you… they barely spoke to me but they wanted to hear you out… I was s-scared t-that I would b-be alone for-"
    "Shh, that's enough Remus." Janus made Remus look at him. "Listen, I will never leave you. Okay? And what's the use of being a light side? I just want to be with you." 
    Remus held Janus as tight as he could, the two standing there, forgetting the rest of the world. After a while, Remus picked Janus up and brought him to the bed, placing him in his lap, his head resting on Janus's shoulder. They sat in silence as Janus played with Remus's hair. 
    "I love you, baby." Remus mumbled, kissing Janus's neck. 
    "I love you too." He chuckled. "Are you feeling better now?"
    "Mhm…" 
    "Good, I-"
*Knock, knock*
    Remus's head shot up, no one ever comes to his room. 
    "Kiddo, are you alright? I heard crying." It was Patton. 
    "Uh yeah… I'm fine." 
    The door creaked open, 
    "Awwwweeee! You two are so cute!" Patton gushed, Janus hid his face in the crook of Remus's neck. 
    "De- I mean Janus. Are you alright?"
    "Ha, he's just embarrassed." Remus smiled a bit, holding Janus close. 
    "Aww! Well anyways, I made some cookies if you two wanna come downstairs."
    "W-What?" Remus laughed, "Good joke, Patton."
    "No… I'm being serious." He said nervously. "We've been treating you guys terribly for… who knows how long. I wanna make it up to you somehow so I thought you might wanna join the rest of us." 
    "That's nice of you Patton, but you're the only one who believes that." Janus gave a sympathetic smile, "Thanks for the offer-"
    "Virgil feels that way too." Patton interrupted, surprising the two. "He feels bad about what happened, he was just… scared. I understand if you two don't wanna join us yet but, I'll drop by once in a while. The others are going through their own things right now and it's just a lot at once."
    "Thanks Pat." The two smiled.
    "I'll see you two later, goodnight!" 
    And just like that, Patton left, the pair still processing what happened. 
    "Virgil really feels bad about that?" Janus asked, "He's always protective of Thomas when we're around-"
    "I think Patton was right, we probably scared him… not to mention the others."
    "Maybe we should consider talking to them, when they've figured things out. Your brother needs therapy." 
    "Yeah… I think we all do. I'll be alright though because I know I have you."
    "You always will, Remus. I love you more then anything."