#37 Rociet

TW: Mention of skipping meals

    It was just acting. Why did it feel so bad?

    Sanders Sides was just a show that a group of friends were a part of, none of the situations were real. All the discussions, arguments, songs, and others were just part of a show. Behind the scenes, all the actors were very close friends. In their college years, they came up with the idea of running their own show. Thomas worked on how to record and edit, Roman and Remus focused on scripts, Virgil and Janus worked on costumes, Logan worked on financial matters, and Patton (and some of Thomas's friends) wrote music (and most lyrics) to the songs. That was it, a fun little project that blossomed into their livelihoods.

------------------------------

    So...why is Janus upset with himself? His character was charismatic, a bit manipulative, but he means well. Currently in the series, the character was more rude to Romans character, the two were usually against each other (until Janus used his charm, of course).

    In real life, Janus and Roman were dating. The couple made sure that the conflict in their show didn't affect their relationship. But recently, Janus was feeling terrible.

    Right now Janus was in his and Roman's shared apartment. He was sitting on the couch, trying to focus on a costume design he was working on. The thoughts going through his head were resilient, they wouldn't stop no matter what he did. Roman noticed that his boyfriend was acting a bit off but hadn't noticed anything bad so he shrugged it off, thinking it was just his imagination.

    Janus hadn't eaten much in the past few days, he would eat most at dinner since Roman was with him. Breakfast had an easy excuse, he wasn't as hungry in the mornings. And lunch, well, he and Roman were usually working (they have jobs outside the show) so they didn't have lunch together very often. The biggest downside to this was, his lack of eating made him more irritable and tired, which was extremely hard to hide.

    After a week of this strange behavior, Roman decided to talk to Janus. Something about this situation seemed suspicious.     He soon made his home to see Janus sitting on the couch with his book.

    "Hello darling, how are you?" Roman asked as he sat down to give him a kiss.

    "I'm okay, I had a long day at work." He said, giving Roman a small smile. "Seeing you makes me feel better though."

    Roman chuckled as the two talked a bit more. He was about to mention the past week but Janus had gotten up to make some tea. He followed Janus as the two kept going on with their conversation.

    "Hey uh, I wanna talk to you about something."

    "Oh alright, go ahead." Janus said, a bit nervous. He knew he needed to talk about it at some point but it's still difficult.

"Lately I've noticed that you've been acting a bit off. I don't know what's going on but I want to make sure you're okay. I just hope that I didn't do anything to upset you, I know I'm a bit stupid sometimes."

"You didn't do anything wrong Ro." Janus held Roman's hand, hoping to comfort him. "I've been a bit stressed lately, that's all."

"Are you sure that's it?" Roman asked, concerned. "I know you didn't eat much yesterday. I don't know how long that's been happening but I want to help you. So please, tell me what happened."

"I...I haven't eaten much in a week." He mumbled, looking away from Roman. "I should've said something sooner but...m-my thoughts have been racing, I think t-the last episode we recorded really got t-to me. I know that neither of us are actually upset w-with each other but it's been bothering me."