Chapter 25

R   Y  A  N

"IT'S MELANIE?"

"Melanie?" Nico repeats with confusion.

The sound of her name causes a sinking feeling in my stomach and I'm not sure why. Tonight was our night to discuss what would happen between the three of us and like they said, the ball is in my court. Only, I'm yet to make a decision. I don't know what I want - actually I don't know how much I want from them. I know I want the physical side of this 'arrangement', there was no denying that, but they had mentioned the word girlfriend and I wonder if that is what my heart actually wants as well.

"Hey Mel," Nate says answering the phone, his voice a little surprised and he breaks me from my thoughts as I see him pause the movie. I sink back into the cushions behind me, leaning into Nico's body and I feel his arm snake over me, wrapping around my shoulders, almost protectively. Nico's fingers stroke my bare shoulder, it's comforting, the small shapes he makes over my skin, but it isn't enough to wonder why Melanie is calling Nate. Only, it was pretty obvious why. "Um okay, hold on," Nate says, placing the phone to his chest and he looks at Nico, his eyebrows furrowed together.

"What?" he says annoyed and I feel him shrug behind me.

"Melanie wants to know if we're free tomorrow night?" He says and he looks down at me, a questioning look on his face as if he's asking me whether he should say yes or not. I want to scream at him "no, your mine not hers!" and my mouth starts to open, to tell them what's in my head, only nothing comes out. I try again, but all I do is sink into Nico's body even more, fidgeting with my fingers on my lap.

"No? Am I seriously agreeing to being with both of them?
Did I just make up my mind? Do I want to be theirs and no one else's?" I think.

Seconds feel like minutes as the time passes by and no one says anything. I want to scream that she can't have them, but I just can't bring myself to do it as my nerves take over. "Mel?" Nate says finally breaking the deathly silence in the room, "we're not available... ... Tuesday?... I don't think we'll be available then either..." he says, returning his fingers to my exposed skin through my jeans, drawing circles and sending my body into sparks of electricity. He sits back, his body relaxing - he bites his lower lip as he watches his finger disappear into the hole of my jeans on my upper thigh. It takes everything in me to hold back a moan so I take in a deep breathe, closing my eyes. "Yeah... okay, sure. Bye Mel," Nate says and hangs up the phone, placing it on the table in front of us. "Back to the movie?"

"Um... I'll be back in a minute. I just need to use the bathroom," I squeak and I detangle myself away from them, running to the bathroom as quick as I can.

As I enter the dark navy walled bathroom, I stand in front of the sink, hunched over as I take deep breathes in. I needed to get out of there, just to take a breather away from them because since our talk at the table at dinner my mind has been going round in circles trying to think about what I want.

I want them. It's pretty clear that I really do and my body tells me I do every time they touch me. Every time they are near me. Every time they say my name - especially when they say my name and not just beautiful or princess. But hearing Nate talk to Melanie made my heart sink to my stomach. Honestly I think I want more than just a physical relationship with them. I think I want to genuinely try and see where this could take us.
They are my boys; mine and no one else's. I need to stop thinking about what other people would think about our relationship. This isn't going to be a 'normal' relationship and as far as I'm concerned I'm a hundred percent okay with that. The only people I care about having an opinion are my family, my friends and of course their family. I just had to find the courage to actually tell them eventually.