Chapter 32

N A T H A N

        TYPING AWAY AT the computer, I try to finish off what I started at work earlier this week. It's only Wednesday and everything should of been finalised for the project in the Bahamas by now, but I'm so behind schedule because I can't stop my mind wondering. It's my first big project on my own, a hotel I've designed myself, taking the last six months to do; it was only last month the owner was happy with what I came up with and construction is starting next week.
Normally on the bigger projects both myself and Nic take on together with our design team, but when I saw the pictures of the location I had a vision in mind of what it should look like and I couldn't get it out of my head. Nic gave me full control of the project, which I was surprised and grateful for. I'm so excited to do it on my own, but both of us had been working hard to finish off Noah's birthday gift and with everything going on with the Bahamas project I feel guilty I've left most of Noah's surprise to Nic.

Once I'm done with what I needed to do, I send everything attached in an email to Emma asking her to proof read everything before being sent to the owner of the hotel. I know I could of gotten Emma to handle the paperwork, but I wanted to make sure everything goes according to plan and on my first major project alone, I don't trust anyone to not mess things up even though she is our temporary assistant. With the email sent I sit back in my desk chair, glancing over at my phone to see the time.
It's almost seven at night and I'm glad I decided to work from home today because I don't think I would have the energy to drive right now. Plus side; it meant I worked the whole day and didn't even need to put a suit on, meaning my dark blue jeans and grey tee was way more comfortable. With a small smile playing on my lips I hover my thumb over my messages, thinking about her. I want to see her and I don't think I can wait till tomorrow.

Me:
Hey...
What you doing? xxx

Patiently I wait for her to type back. Ryan hasn't left my mind since Sunday night, but to be honest she never leaves my mind - only more so these last few days and I think it was because I'm worried about her. After all this time, to hear she gets nightmares about what happened to her in high school fills me with rage because I know Nic is still badly affected by his own skeletons. Only his story is worse then some high school kids.
   Ryan was badly affected by her past, something her and Nic share in common. All I can do is not only be there for Nic when he has his bad days, which is not as often as it use to be, but I one hundred percent will be there for my girl too. My phone pings in my hand as my mind wonders and I quickly pick it up to see who it's from, hoping it's my girl. I smile from ear to ear when her name pops up.

💙Beautiful💙:
Nothing xox

I'm just watching tv in my room
Well... house, its not really a room 😂

Me:
Watching what? 😁

💙Beautiful💙:
Scream
I fancied a slasher for a change 😂😂

I chuckle to myself knowing full well that's not true. With Ryan it was either a classic 80s film or a horror movie. Sure she would come with me to watch the new marvel film or the odd action film like Fast and Furious, but my girl knew what she liked and she was very practicable.
   Without a second thought I grab my black hoodie on the couch in the corner and slip on my sneakers. I can't leave my girl home alone watching something scary now can I? I text Nic that I'm going out and head next door, locking up before I leave. Nic is at the gym so I would of been on my own anyway, but now I won't be. As I cross the lawn to her backyard door my phone beeps, another message.