Author's Note

This is just a short message to you guys and an apology.

I'm truly sorry I left you guys for months and months without an update but, like I said before, I needed to concentrate on my mental health and 2022 had been a tough year, then 2023 hit. Especially with work that has me stressing and feeling unmotivated to write these last few months.
On top of that, I split with my boyfriend. Mutual decision between us and we're still very close friends but, after the length of time we were together and even buying a house, it's still tough and hurts. When the love is there but there's a break down in communication, it just don't work. He's still my best friend and I will always class him as one my lavender people.

Then on top of that, I had a death in the family, the second day into the new year and had to be there for my step-dad while grieving the loss of my ex mother-in law that I never had the chance to grieve as I was there for my ex rather than process everything myself 4yrs ago. To now having to deal with another grandparent going through cancer treatment, then having to go through the process of selling my house. Then another grandparent broke her hip, to us then finding out the cancer treatment didn't work and it had spread. My grandad is my favourite person in the whole world and even in my 30s, to say I still have grandparents is a blessing. Nans hip has healed while and she's now pottering about taking care of my granddad with the help of the rest of the family.

It's been a tough road and I've had my good days, but the bad days always wins, sending me spiralling again.

I know it probably sounds like a soap opera, all this happening at once, but honestly, life has been hell since September 2022. Slowly but surely, I'm getting there.

As for You Are Ours...
I desperately want to continue writing this story and I love the characters I've created so much, but please bare in mind that life is happening for me right now and I will do my best to continue to write chapters and update when I can. I'm still thinking about possibly publishing it on Kindle, but to do that, the story needs an ending, which I already know what that will be. I just need to get you guys there and writers block is kicking butt right now. But, I'm also in two minds if I should publish this or not?
Although... how do you feel about the title of the story? I don't know if I'm going to change it from You Are Ours to something else, but when I chose the title, it was kind of a, "that will do for now," kind of decision. Anyway, I'm thinking about it.
Probably going to need a professional book cover done an all, that terrifies me to even start to think what I'm going to want it to look like.

I hope this explains my disappearance, but I just didn't want to face writing a love story when my world has been falling apart. I'm hoping by this weekend to have new chapters for you and will continue to update until the story of Nico, Nate and Ryan is over. You will read the end before it is published on here. If anyone has any tips for publishing on kindle, I would greatly appreciate the knowledge.

Thanks so much again,
Stay safe... and from now on, I will be using my real name and not my pen name...
Chantal
xoxo