Chapter 51

R Y A N

THE DRIVE back from the restaurant seemed shorter than when we was going there. It's almost 10pm, but the night is still young and the closer we get to home, the more the butterflies fill my stomach with nerves. My mind is completely flooded with thoughts. All thoughts focused on Nate's 22nd birthday, trying to rack my brain to remember how they acted around me. All I could remember from that night was their shocked faces when I walked out of Sophie's house and how quiet both of the Greyson brothers had gone when they saw me. I didn't think anything of it at the time. It was the first time they had seen me dressed up in nice clothes that didn't consist of a top that swallowed me up in material and if I remember correctly, I waited for them to have the same reaction as Cole did when he saw Sophie, expecting me to change into something less exposed. To drag me away and shout "over my dead body are you going out dressed like that."

But they didn't.

Thinking back now, the signs were there. The looks, the comments, the smiles. Everything. Only I was too young, too innocent... too shy to see pass the desires they both had for me. Have for me. Thinking back, my interactions with boys at seventeen was non existent because they were either related to me, were my best friends, were off limits or hated me, so it's no wonder I didn't notice the signs.
When we arrive back at the empty house, Nico pulls me slowly up the stairs to the third floor. My heart thumps the closer we get, not from nerves like I don't want this, but a excited feeling of seeing a side to Nico he clearly keeps hidden from most, only showing a few his true side. We stop at the last door, a black door with red paint outlining the sliver handle. Even the door screams Nico from the outside and I can't help the small tug of a smile on my lips.

He pulls a key from his inside pocket, pushing it into the lock, but before he turns it, his gaze glances over at me. "Do you remember your safe words?"

"Yes," I nod, a little more enthusiastic then I was planning on showing.  "Green means it's okay, yellow means slow down and red means stop," I tell him when he questions me with a raised eyebrow.

"Good girl."

Turning the key, he opens the door to the room, his hand finding the small of my back and leading me forward, closing the door behind us. The darkness inside is as black as night and even if my hand was in front of me, I wouldn't be able to find it. The lock clicks on the door and then a flick of a switch illuminates the room fully - finally showing me Nico's hidden side.
Spotlights light the room, the dominate colour being red - of course his favourite colour. The first thing I notice is the four poster bed, the frame - solid black wood with red cotton sheets and I'm surprised they're not silk because that's exactly what I pictured. The bed is in the middle of the room, no where near a wall and it's almost like the bed is the centrepiece of the room. Looking closely I see red rope tied to each corner of the bed, not the usual rope you see in any of the hardware stores, no, this rope looked soft to the touch. Like velvet. There's two matching black bedside tables, both two small draws that sit on top of one another and there's a small stereo speaker sitting on the one on the right. I feel Nico's presence behind me, almost like he's hovering while I continue to explore the room with my eyes.
The walls are painted red with black panels. Mounted to the wall on my right are different paddles, whips, riding crops and my inside's instantly heat with excitement. I'm confused of this feeling because I've been so curious about this room, so excited, but I didn't think I'd feel this excited about a Dom and Sub relationship. I keep looking around the room with my curious eyes, not noticing my feet moving with them. There's various black metal bars on the ceiling, like someone has taken the side of a cage and attached it high up. Chains with red leather cuffs hang from above and images in my mind of me suspended up there has my curiosity peaked at the thought.