Chapter 52: Our

Ivy's POV:

"I miss you."

"I only just left."

"I know, but I still miss you. I want to hold you in my arms right now." My eyes rolled playfully, my teeth trapping my bottom lip. I quickly gave the taxi driver directions to Jace's apartment.

"Jace, your plane hasn't even taken off yet."

I heard him breath out a laugh, "That's why there's still time for you to come and sit next to me. The guy next to me is snoring already."

"It's only going to be two days - I'm sure we will survive. It's not like much is going to happen anyway."

"True."

I faintly heard an announcement echoing through the speakers of the plane, "I'm going to go now as it sounds like you're ready to leave."

Jace sighed and I imagined him rolling his eyes too. "Okay. Goodbye, I love you."

Butterflies flew recklessly around my stomach.

"I know, goodbye," I replied and turned my phone off. However, it rang again straight after. Not thinking to check the caller ID, I answered it and put it to my ear straight away.

I was fully expecting it to be Jace, but when I spoke, there was no reply.

When I finally glanced at the number, I immediately knew. It was the same number that repetitively rang me a few months ago, but no matter how many times I answered, there was still no reply. It was the same number Lucas told me to block, but I didn't.

I was intrigued. Why would someone would keep ringing and not say a single word? Sure, there was a certain level of danger to it, but once my curiosity is sparked, I can't undo it. And this sparked it.

"If you're not going to say anything, why keep ringing me?"

Silence.

So I hung up.

I turned to look out the window, choosing to forget about what just happened.

Paying and thanking the taxi driver, I walked into the building and took the elevator up to Jace's apartment. He gave me a key last night and told me to stay here whilst he was away.

I dropped my bag and keys by the door and saw the state we had left the apartment in last night. I immediately began tidying up.

We ordered a shit ton of food and had the most random movie marathon I've ever experienced. There was no real theme to it, we just picked random films and watched them. We sat laughing uncontrollably at, not the scariness, but the completely stupidity and bad editing of the old horror movie we watched had.

It was fun. I loved hearing him laugh like that.

I love him.

I knew that now; I just haven't found the right moment to tell him yet. But I will and soon.

Suddenly, a strange humming sound came from the door. Slight panic settled as I tried to figure out what it was.

Earlier today, Jace had told me about an alarm and the code for it. Was that what was going on? He specifically mentioned a white box, a little red light flashing when it was about to scream. But no matter where I looked, I couldn't see anything like that.

But then it stopped.

Panic over.

Till it started all over again. However, this time I used my initiative and checked my bag before freaking out.