Chapter 40: Hold his attention

Vote if you're excited about what's going to happen!!
Also, if you have any song/sad song suggestions leave them on this line. I need them for some upcoming chapters ;) 

What the fuck? What the fuck! This cannot be happening right now.

I mentally sighed and barged past the very familiar body of Jace. I ran down the stairs, pushing some people making out on the stairs out of the way, almost tripping over when I reached the bottom of the stairs.

I couldn't not believe what was happening. Why was he all the way out here? Why did he have to need to use the bathroom? Why did I have to go into the men's? Why can't he just leave me alone?!

My thoughts were going at one hundred miles an hour and my breathing picked up. I felt panicked. I had no idea what the hell to do. Why? Just why did he have to be here?

My vison blurred as the film of unshed tears welled up in my eyes. I don't want to have to do this. Not again. Please, not again. I aggressively wiped the tears away with the back of my hand.

I realised how I was aimlessly stumbling around. I needed to steady myself, not lose control. I needed to find Darius. I had to get my head straight first. I walked over to the closest wall and let its cool wallpaper cool down my back through the tiny holes of my mesh top. My hands rose to my head and in my hair, my head pushed right into the wall.

Get your shit together.

I sighed and attempted to organise my thoughts into a neat line. First thing: find Darius. I stood and scanned over the whole room, trying to locate where he was. I couldn't see much through the residue of the hot tears that I not long ago wiped away, wiped away just like I had the idea of being with Jace.

I shook my head, I had to get him out of my head just till I found Dar. I pushed myself off the wall and pushed past people to get to the bar. I broke up a group of friends and sure enough, Dar stood there with his hand in his pocket and on his phone.

He instantly glanced up at me. His once look of happiness was washed out by concern. He walked towards me and instantly wrapped his arms around my shoulders. I pushed my head onto his shoulder and I fought a second wave of sadness that struck me. I wasn't going to cry, not over him.

"Hey, hey, hey. What happened?" He questioned as he pulled me back and held me at arm's length after we had stood there like that for a minute or two. His eyes cautiously stared into my eyes before I saw a flash of anger in them.

"Did anyone hurt you? Who hurt you?" He began looking over my body for any signs of any harm.

"No. No one hurt me," I reassured him. He looked back at my face and the anger that was attached to the thought of me being hurt was gone. "It's Jace," I started telling him what had just happened, "He's here." His eyebrows rose, shocked by what I had just told him.

"The asshole that left you?"

"Yeah," I breathed out and stood next to Darius. I noticed my red cup sat on the counter behind Darius. There were a ton of the same looking cups but I knew it was mine because of the way I had pinched the bottom of my cup when I was bored.

I picked up the cups and walked round to the opposite side of the bar. I had someone trying to tell me that I couldn't be behind there, but I only wanted a drink. I was just saving them the job of having to do it themselves.

I downed the water that was in the cup and filled it up with some type of alcohol. I had no idea what it was, all I knew was that the burning sensation as it ran down my throat felt nice. I filled my cup again with the same stuff and downed that too. I caught Darius staring at me, his elbows on the counter with his hands propping up his head. He had an amused look plastered on the features of his face. I frowned at him, questioning why he was staring at me like that. Couldn't I at least have a drink without being questioned? He surrendered his hands and turned around.