Chapter 41: We all have demons

This is the longest one in a while so get some snacks and get comfortable.
Vote, comment and I hope you enjoy this as much as I did writing it! <3 

I ran after him. I had to. I wasn't going to let him run away again, no, he had done that too many times to me. He needed to face whatever he was running away from; he needed to face me.

The air needed to be cleared. All this fogginess and uncertainty regarding the both of us was frustrating - I couldn't see nor think clearly anymore. I had to get some things off my chest, tell him what I had been thinking, what I thought of what he was doing.

I had to and now was my only chance.

I threw the front door open, the cool night air slapped me in the face, sobering me up of the few drinks I had earlier completely. I stood and watched as Jace stared at me for a brief moment, the sound of the heavy door slamming shut behind me dragging his attention towards me.

He froze momentarily, just staring at me. I stood there waiting. Waiting for him to say something, shout, be angry at me, anything, but he didn't. His eyes only followed the length of my body and settled on my gaze. He was stood too far away to see the expression on his face, the darkness frustratingly prevented me from seeing his beautiful features.

He reached for the hood of his jumper and put it over his head, hiding again as he resumed walking off.

He was leaving me again. Only this time, I wasn't going to allow it.

I ran off the porch and instantly felt cold. I glanced up in the sky only to see big, black clouds taking over the sky, blocking me from seeing the stars. I hadn't previously registered the sound of rain falling and hitting the pavement. Usually, the rain would have calmed me down, but I couldn't stop my heart from feeling like it was going to burst out my chest at any moment. I soon forgot about how the rain was soaking me through my mesh top and ran after Jace. I had more important things to worry about.

I caught up to him. I had no idea how to go about or what to do next, but I didn't have to worry about that for long as Jace spoke up first.

"You got another guy, huh?" His tone was oozing with sarcasm and it hurt me hearing those words come from him. It was strange because in that moment, my heart skipped just at the sound of his voice but those words that I reacted so happily to hurt. It hurt to think that he thought of me like that, thought that what we had would have been so easily forgotten.

"That's rich coming from you. Did you forget about your little friend you stood there and kissed right in front of my eyes?" I let my anger take over and rise, forgetting about how sad I was inside. Something I will do is act all angry and fiery when really, the person deep on the inside, they're breaking. That little guy on the inside is crying his little heart out whilst bandaging himself back up because, if he doesn't, who will? But I won't let people see him. No, because they'll help him wrap himself up in bandages but then will rip them off and hurt him, leaving him crying again but only this time with more to cover up and fix.

I can't risk that happening to me. I don't want to be like him. I've already had to lick my own wounds, build myself back up after people heartlessly injured me and left, and I'm not doing it again. I won't let it happen.

His body came to a halt, making me stumble and hit the back of him. "You know what? Just leave, Ivy." I was so used to hearing him call me by one of his stupid nicknames, it took a moment to realise he was talking to me.

"No, I won't. You know why?" I started, "It's because I don't run away from everything like you do. I actually think about other people. I care about their feelings and won't do anything that will hurt them but you? No," I spat, running so that I was stood in front of him, "Jace Black doesn't give a flying fuck about other people and what they're feeling. Do you?" I yelled pointed at him, pressing my finger hard against his hoodie. Jace held my hand, electricity running through my arm just at the touch, and he dropped my hand, taking my finger off him and then moved out of my way and started walking off.