Chapter 4: Instagram

*Ivy's dress is the picture above*

It was Friday morning before I properly had a chance to speak to Syd about the importance of privacy.

"Morning! You look nice today," she chirped. Her eyes then travelled to my hair. "Your hair! No, let me do it." There's the Syd I know and love.

"Syd, I need to inform you on something," she hummed, letting me know she was listening.

"Do you know the phrase stranger danger?" I asked, genuinely wondering if she did.

When we were younger, she would always act as if everyone were her friend and no one could be a danger. I was the cautious one of the two of us and it seemed as if nothing had changed.

"Bitch, do I look stupid? Can't you remember telling me that all the time when we were kids?" At this point I was sitting on a stool whilst she was spraying my hair with water. I'm pretty sure she was braiding it.

"Good," I sighed, relief calming me down.

"Why do you sound surprised?" I felt her let go of my hair and walk around the breakfast bar while accusing me with her eyes.

"Well, I don't know. It might have something to do with the fact that you gave Jace my number and name. We don't even know the guy. You have to be more careful!"

She walked back round behind me and resumed with whatever she was doing with my hair. "Jace? Which one is Jace?" I turned my head slightly to look at her, genuine confusion etched across her face. This made me almost forget how good she is at acting. Once she got caught sneaking out, so she faked a full-on meltdown and her Dad believed it.

"Milkshake guy," I said in a 'duh' tone. How many people had she gave my number to? "Wait. Which one!? How many people have you given my number to?" At this point I was very concerned for her but she wouldn't be my best friend if I wasn't.

"A few maybe. The exact number is irrelevant really. So, his name is Jace and he called?" She raised her eyebrows at me in a suggestive manner.

"Yes, Sydney, he called, and I would appreciate it if you stop passing my number round," I said, getting slightly annoyed at her antics.

"Fine, I will." Knowing Syd, she probably rolled her eyes whilst saying that.

We sat there in silence for a bit before Syd got excited, something she does when she thinks of a plan.

"Hey, Ivy, do you want to go to a club tonight? There is this new one just out of town and everyone at work have been raving about it. We have to go!"

Syd loves going out or just any excuse to dress up really. However, you add the option of drinking or getting drunk, that was her favourite.

"Yeah, lets go. An excuse to properly let our hair down and have fun." I had been in desperate need of some fun since what happened with Justin.

"Yesss! Well, you need to leave for work right now or you'll be late but as soon as you come home, we're going shopping for a new outfit."

"Okay. See you later then. Love you, bye."

With that, I ran out the door excited for tonight. When you go out with Sydney, it is never boring. Whether it's her getting drunk out of her mind and dancing on a table or making new friends, something always happens.

-

After a long day at work, I went home and got changed. I was back before Syd was so I decided to try find Jace on Instagram.