Chapter 34: Being a baby

Vote and commenttttt and enjoy :)

"What a dick. No offence," he said in disbelief as I finished.

"None taken," I replied honestly with a smile and drank the last bit of the lemonade Darius had bought me after I had finished my hot chocolate quite early on in our conversation.

I had told him everything that had happened and he listened to every single word that I said. I ranted to him for at least an hour in the café. A little part of me felt sorry for him, but when I caught myself ranting halfway through and stopped talking, he basically blackmailed me into talking again.

It was refreshing, getting everything off my chest. It almost felt that, because we didn't know each other till now, it was easier telling him everything that I was thinking and feeling. I don't usually go around and off load onto strangers but he practically forced me to.

I wasn't going to disagree; it was a dick thing to do. Quite frankly, I had enough of it all. These last few months have been the strangest few in ages and I just want everything to go back to normal, before I knew Jace. I just wanted to leave that all in the past and move on. For myself, I needed to move on.

"Hey!" Darius called out, clicking his ring covered fingers in front of my face, "Don't go back into your head, I'm literally right here."

"Why are you doing this?" I asked.

"Doing what?"

"This! Helping me. You don't even know me but yet you're here listening to me go on and on about my life, which you shouldn't even give two shits about," I said, my voice unintentionally getting louder.

People were looking at me, I could feel their eyes on me. Was I being too loud meaning that they couldn't mind their own business or were they so bored with their own lives that they just had to care about mine?

Calm down. He's being nice to you for God's sake! 

I was getting riled up. About what exactly, I wasn't one hundred percent sure. But what I did know was that I needed to stop causing a scene.

I glanced over my right shoulder, making everyone guiltily turn their heads back to their own table. Lucy, the waitress that had been nothing but nice to me all afternoon, was staring in my direction. She gave me that 'is everything alright' look and I nodded. Everything was alright, Darius had done nothing wrong, it was me who lashed out.

I turned my vision so I was back looking at Darius, not giving myself enough time to see what Lucy's reaction was.

He was looking down in his lap, making his black hair fall over his face. I assumed he was on his phone messaging someone. I needed to gather my thoughts, understand what was actually going on and why I just shouted at a sweet guy, who has been doing nothing but trying to help me. I grabbed my phone off the table and slid it into my back pocket.

I placed my hands flat against the table and pushed myself off the seat. I stood awkwardly at the end of the table thinking of what to say to Darius.

I liked him, he's a kind guy and I felt bad for being so rude especially as he had put up with me talking for so long.

I played with the end of my sleeves, as I plucked up enough courage to say something.

I cleared my throat, making him look up at me, "I'm going to the bathroom. You can leave, I don't expect you to stay after that, but if you do stay, I won't be too long."

He wasn't allowing any type of emotions show on his face. I turned around and walked off. I didn't need anything from him.

I wasn't surprised when I went back to an empty table.