Chapter 37: Halloween

Vote if you love Halloween. 

"So, what are we actually hear for?" I questioned as I skipped into the building with shops in every direction your eyes could see. I excitedly walked over to a clothes shop and admired the clothes from the threshold of the store. I was about to walk in when someone grabbed my wrist and pulled me back.

"No. You are not dragging me around looking at clothes," Darius huffed while pulling me back and to his side.

I needed to get more clothes as, just yesterday I decided I wanted to change up my style. We were at a mall, the best place to get clothes so why wouldn't I have tried it? I saw an opportunity and took it.

"But why else are we here?" I can't imagine that we came here to eat as there are loads of restaurants a lot closer to the park than here, and he literally just told me that he didn't want to go shopping, so what were we actually doing here? 

"We're going to the cinema. It's close to Halloween so there should be some good films showing," he explained as we began walking again.

My first initial thought was hoping that he wasn't seeing this as a date. You know, the whole scary movie, she'll jump into my arms when she gets scared type of thing. But I discarded that thought as there was no reason for that to be the case.

I turned to my right, expecting for Dar to be standing there but he wasn't. I looked behind me only to see him walking a few paces behind. He had his hands in the pocket of his black jacket that was over the plain black t-shirt he was wearing. He looked at me guiltily but stayed behind.

I stopped walking and just stood there watching him. I had no idea what he was doing but I was about to find out.

"Why are you walking behind?"

"Because I don't want to be seen out with you looking like that," he jokingly laughed. I glanced down at my outfit.

I was wearing black sweatpants with an oversized hoodie. I didn't try with what I was wearing, I just threw something one after I got home from work otherwise it would've taken too long for me to get ready.

I smiled at him as he got closer to me, "Screw you."

"I'm joking," he clarified. He threw his arm over my shoulder in a casual way. I turned my head towards him, he was the same height as me. I raised my eyebrows at him before pushing him off me. I laughed as he tripped and almost fell over.

"That wasn't very nice," he said acting like he was a child and was actually hurt.

I walked next to him and rubbed his arm in a fake comforting way, "Aww. I really don't care." I got ready to push him again but grabbed my arms before I could.

His eyebrow cocked in a daring way. We both stood in the middle of the mall with people bustling around us but we didn't move. I went to pull my arms out of his hold but his grip was like cement.

He shook his head when I tried to do it again, "I'm not letting you go. You'll just do it again."

"Darius, let go," I tried to warn him seriously but ended up laughing.

"Not until you tell me you won't try it again," he looked me dead in my eyes. They fell behind me for a second and his eyebrows drew together slightly before returning back to me. I tried to look behind me but couldn't see anything interesting enough to make me frown.

"Okay," I said, returning my vision to his face, "I won't do it again."

He finally released my arms from his grip. I waited till he was in front of me so I could push him again.