Chapter 35: Party

Vote if you're excited about the new chapter!!

I was sitting slouched in my swivel chair eating the sandwich I had bought on my way to work.

I spun around in my chair when my phone flashed with a notification. I shoved the rest of my sandwich into my mouth and shuffled over to the desk. It wasn't very lady like but who cares.

I raised my phone making the screen light up and allowing me to see the notification. It was a number that wasn't saved onto my phone. I wiped the sauce off my thumb and used it to unlock my phone and reveal the message. I had show previews off on my phone, Calla and Syd are too nosy and would always read my messages for me.

(D) Who is this?

(I) Ivy...

I put my phone back where it was, not expecting them to reply straight away. They replied straight away.

(D) Why did you put your name as 'British Bitch'?

I knew exactly who it was just by the name my number was saved as.

(I) Because we're both British...
C'mon Darius, I know you're not the smartest but I thought that was obvious.

(D) Be quiet.

I laughed to myself, about to reply when I saw the three dots at the bottom of my screen appear. I deleted everything I had written and waited for Darius to finish and send what he was writing.

(D) What time do you finish work today?

Why did he want to know that?

I bit the inside of my cheek, going over why he would ask this. I was overthinking, again. I stopped and just simply replied – there was nothing to overthink.

(I) Any time after 12
I did a shit ton of overtime so I can finish early some days.

(D) What are u doing right now?

(I) Umm eating?

(D) Can u finish after lunch?

Why was he being so inquisitive?

(I) If I had a reason to...

(D) Meet me at crescent park in half an hour. I want to take you somewhere.

(I) Okayyy

I had no idea what the hell was going on. I know we both said that we should hang out soon but I didn't think he meant this soon. Either way I was excited. We were very similar on some things and had a lot of common interests so it was bound to be something fun.

I had to tell Sarah that I was finishing early so I chugged the last of my Lucozade and made my way to her office and stood nervously outside of her door.

In primary school and you would have to speak to the headmaster with a friend so you'd argue over who was knocking and who was talking. That's almost how I felt now, only now, I was alone.

I heard Sarah tell me to go in.

I stood in the doorway of her work space that was bigger than most apartments. It was simple but elegant; clean, I guess you could say.

Her desk was twice the size of mine with multiple monitors displaying charts, emails and spreadsheets. There was another desk with a few small seats opposite a rather large business chair that gave off I'm-the-boss-here type of vibes. In the other corner sat, quite comfortably, Luna's own corner filled with dog stuff.