Chapter 10: Dirty minded

Thank you @LiyaScriven for being active and voting <3 

Just as I was placing my key into the door it flew open revealing a messy looking Calla. She was dressed in what she calls her 'house' clothes. Clothes that she wears around the house that aren't pyjamas, but she won't wear out. She grinned when she saw me but that quickly turned to confusion as she acknowledged the person behind me, Jace.

Flattening the frizzly parts and tucking loose strands of her straight black hair that fell out of her high ponytail behind her ear, she gave a polite nod and small, "Hi," to Jace and grabbed my right wrist and pulled me into the house.

"You brought him back here? What is going on with you two? Wait, is he staying over? I have got to tell Syd about this," she said almost inaudibly due to her saying this so fast and too quietly.

She whipped the phone out of her left back pocket and instantly called Sydney. I snatched the phone out of her hand and used my height as an advantage, holding it high up above her as I cancelled the call. I laughed at her terrible attempt at taking her phone back, jumping like a little mouse at her small height.

"Calla," I warned her making her stop and stand still, looking up at me.

"Nothing, and I mean nothing is going on between us. I don't know why or what made me invite him over, it just came out my mouth but now we're here," I paused for a second, thinking of what to say next.

"Now, I'll give your phone back if you promise not to call Sydney. She's at work and doesn't need bothering."

Calla stood there, thinking for a second before nodding, "I promise." I lowered my hand, giving Calla the phone. As soon as she got the device, she ran off to what I assume to be her room.

What was I doing again? Oh yeah, Jace. Where is he? I looked in the living room, kitchen, even the garden, not finding him anywhere.

He must have left.

Checking my phone for any notifications, my phone died. For god sake. I was pretty sure my charger was in my bedroom so that's where I headed.

"I thought you had left," I explained to a very comfortable looking Jace.

I walked further into my room, plugged my phone in when I properly took noticed of what he was doing. He was laying his stomach on my bed with the remote to my strip lights in his hand, changing the colours and exploring the different settings. He had definitely made himself at home.

"Did ya miss me?" He asked and winked at me.

"Well, people don't usually just allow themselves into other people's rooms, you know."

"Calla stole you and I couldn't be bothered to find you so I came in here as it would probably be the next place you were heading. I was right, was I not and anyway, it's not like I haven't been in here before."

"Touché" I replied, surprised by his logic. He had got a point to be fair.

"These lights are awesome; I need some for my room. Where did you get them?" Jace asked, looking up at me at the last part. I watched him, getting ready to answer his question when he ran a hand through his hair when his phone flashed. Why was that so cute?

"Y- You can get them from most places now however I got mine from amazon," I slightly stuttered, affected by his presence. With the way he was being, my opinion might change on him. I mean, the way we met wasn't exactly great and it was my fault. Maybe I just caught him on a bad day.

"Hmm, okay. You got a laptop? I want to get some now," he asked as he picked up his phone and replied to the notification.

I walked out of my room and headed to Sydney's when I heard Calla talking to someone downstairs. I snook down a few stairs, peeking through the railing to see Syd and Calla sitting there talking enthusiastically about something. I turned around and left them to it, knowing I'll most likely find out what they were talking about later.