Chapter 6: Blessing and a curse

I woke up in someone's bed.

I didn't even have to open my eyes to know it wasn't my bed. It definitely was not my bed. It wasn't Syd's, not even Leah's or any in our house. Even when I was still half asleep, I knew that for definite as I have ended up in both of their rooms after many parties.

I pushed my head deeper into the silk pillow behind me attempting to get at least another hour of sleep. I rolled onto my side, now facing the edge of the bed when I felt movement from the other side of the bed. My eyes shot open and looked at what I was wearing. 

I was still in my dress from last night. Thank fuck for that. I don't usually get so drunk that I lose all awareness, but I've still got to make sure. 

I continued laying there whilst trying to think about what happened last night. Well done, Ivy! Get completely pissed and forget most of the night.

Fidgeting slightly, I twisted my body round and revealed who was in bed with me.

It was Calla. I sighed, relieved. At least I know that I didn't completely fuck up last night.

I lazily sat up, moving the dark grey covers off me while my arms supported my body behind me.

Looking around the room I recalled being shown around Lucas' house and this being the spare room. He must have brought us all to his house afterwards. 

I let out a soft yawn, trying my best not to wake Calla up and rubbed my eyes.

I got up off the bed and instantly cringed when the disgusting feeling of the consequence of drinking too much hit me like a bus. 

"Fucking hell. I hate feeling like this." I managed to whisper, my voice hoarse and throat dry due to the obscene amount of drinking last night. I tentatively walked into the black tiled en-suite connected to the bedroom I had passed out in. I turned on the light and instantly noticed the grim headache I had worsen. "Holy shit!" I cursed; the bright lights felt like they were burning the back of my eyeballs.

Feeling completely atrocious and unmotivated, I trudged over to the mirror and looked at my reflection. I looked like something straight out of The Walking Dead. Reeking of alcohol, makeup was smeared all over my face, mascara all around my eyes made me look like a racoon and my hair looked like a bird's nest.

Congratu-fucking-lations, Ivy. Real smart getting into this state, it was going to take me at least an hour to de-matte my hair and that was not even counting for the time it takes putting the many products in and everything else I had to do. Thick curly hair like mine is a blessing and a curse.

I began looking desperately through all the cupboards in the bathroom for products for my hair. All I needed was a conditioner without silicones or sulphates and a wide toothed comb. I usually have to use a lot more than just that, but I couldn't be too picky.

Not finding anything even slightly useful, I exited the bathroom going to raid Lucas' house for something even remotely helpful. 

As I carefully crept past Calla, I noticed two bags on the red beanbag in the corner of the room. I hadn't noticed them earlier. I made my way over in the darkness, being careful not to trip or knock anything over and realised one of them was mine. Opening my light brown and white bag, my mood lightened slightly at the contents. 

My stuff. 

All of my hair products that I regularly use, a pair of my favourite grey sweatpants and my army green vest top and the little amount of makeup I own. I mentally thanked whoever saved me by bringing my stuff and walked back into the bathroom.