Chapter 17: Addictive

My head spun, all of my senses being completely thrown off by the intoxicating... well, everything. His cologne that suits him perfectly, the way he calls me baby, his eyes, but most of all, the way he was softly kissing me right now.

As his lips connected with mine, my whole world fell apart. My knees came weak and I was glad that our bodies were pushed together otherwise, my legs would have buckled from underneath me. The trail of my body reacting to his touch was addictive. His taste was addictive.

Jace was addictive.

Nothing about the kiss was innocent. His soft lips moved with mine in a gentle but urgent manor, letting me know that he wanted and needed this as much as I did. It started off slow, but quickly picked up pace. My hands tangled themselves in his soft, brown hair. His own hands caressed the sides of my body, getting higher and higher with each stroke.

I have dated and kissed many guys before Jace but not one has ever made me feel like this. No one. So, when Jace pulled back, I was disappointed.

"We shouldn't be doing this," his husky voice told me, his eyes glued to mine. I felt his thumb rubbing the side of my neck making all little of rationality I had left, leave.

"Jace," I said breathlessly as he kissed my neck. 

He repositioned his hands, now on my hips and he pulled me in closer to him even though there was no space between us

"Ivy," he breathed out when the sound of my phone echoed through the air. Who the fuck is ringing me now?

His hair still wrapped around my fingers, I pulled his head closer to me, crashing his lips back onto mine. I was the one in charge this time and it felt good. Jace placed his hand, cupping my cheek while his thumb gently stroked my cheek. His thumb against my lips broke this kiss.

He ran a hand through his hair as we stood with our foreheads touching, both trying to catch our breath. We both stood their panting as I felt myself slowly return from cloud nine back down to earth.

"You should probably answer that," Jace said referring to my phone that was currently ringing.

"Mmm, I should," I said pulling my phone out of my pocket. A good thing about the cycling shorts I was wearing, they had pockets.

I stood up straight and looked at the caller ID, it was an unknown number. Pressing the power button on my iPhone, I silenced the call and turned back to Jace.

When I faced him again, he was looking out at the sea one hundred miles away in his mind but physically right next to me. I wrapped my arms around his waist, pulling him into a side hug. He of course returned the favour.

"What are you thinking?" I probed.

"You know when you asked how I found this place?" I hummed in remembrance, "Well, there was someone that showed me it when I was younger. We would hang out all the damn time, we were best friends. We don't talk anymore though." He now faced me, holding me by the tops of my arms. He leant down and kissed the top of my head. "You're the only person that knows about it here apart from her. You're the only person I have brought here"

I looked up at him, my eyes full of wonder as a genuine smile stretched across my face. That, what he just said, was extremely important to me. I put my hand against the back of his neck, putting our foreheads together before kissing him with a smile still on my lips. It was a quick kiss, but I felt him smile against my lips.

I pulled back, turning my back to him and took a few steps forward. I held out my hand from behind me and moved my head to look at him. He stood there looking at me, confusion and hesitance clear on his face. I ran back to him and grabbed his hand, "Come on, lets go for that walk I was talking about."

We walked in complete silence, the comfortable type. Looking down, I focused on the timing of our steps, trying to make them equal.

"Thank you," I said breaking the silence while still looking down. I could feel his electric blue eyes watching me, but I refused to look back at them. I couldn't.

"For what?"

I internally celebrated when I finally walked in pace with Jace, our feet moving at the exact same time.

I looked up at him through my eyelashes, "For opening up to me," I whispered.

"Hardly. I only brought you here," he said in disbelief and a little defensively.

I was taken aback with the way he said it. Why was he defensive? Something must have happened which means he doesn't open up easily. That's my guess anyway.

"I'm just glad you told me. It means a lot to me, you know." I leant onto his side and he wrapped his arm over my shoulder as we continued to walk along the beach.

"Now, let's not ruin the moment," I suggested as I sarcastically started skipping along the beach. Jace's laugh filled my ears, pulling at my heartstrings.

And it was at that moment when Jace and I were messing around, laughing, joking when I decided that this. This is what I want in life. And I knew I wanted Jace to be in it.

-

It's a scientifically proven fact that the drive to wherever you're going feels longer than the drive back. On the way there, you don't recognise anything, so your brain has to take in your new surroundings whereas, on the way back, everything is more familiar making it seem like a shorter journey. So, I wasn't surprised when what felt like a 20-minute drive to the beach felt like a 5-minute drive back to my place.

Jace killed the engine of the bike and went to get off when I held onto him tighter. I didn't want this to end. I wasn't ready for him to go.

"Baby, we're here," he softly said looking at me.

"Yeah, I know." I felt disappointed that the day was coming to an end. I jumped off the bike and walked to the front door, Jace not far behind me. I was turning the key when I still felt his presence behind me.

"I really enjoyed today with you. Thank you," I told him, turning around to face him but when I did, I almost fell backwards with how close he was standing, "Could you get any closer?" I laughed but I was interrupted when he planted his soft lips onto mine.

He pulled back and walked backwards to his bike, his eyes still set on mine. "Bye, princess," he said, winking just before the roar of his bike cut through the air. I watched and waved as he drove off into the distance when I heard the door open from behind me and I was pulled inside.

I was pushed onto the couch and had three sets of eyes on me. Calla, Syd and Lucas were all stood staring at me. Calla looked shocked, Lucas looked confused and Sydney had the 'I told you so' look.

This was going to be fun.

I keep calling everyone my man or big man and I say it all the time I really need to stop.  Anyway, what do you thing of the last few chapters?? 

Don't forget to vote, comment and share! 

Thank you for reading :)