Chapter 12: White converse

The photo above is what I imagine Jace's outfit to look like ^^

Thank you @minisculemarbles and @kaylasilverss for being active in voting and commenting <3

The heat of his body against mine and his heavy arms laid across me relaxed every muscle in my body when I finally woke up. I was snuggled into his body, my head on his chest with my leg wrapped round his waist, trapping him to the bed - something I have been told I do in my sleep before. I laid in Jace's arms taking full advantage of the one-off moment. 

I rolled on to my side, careful not to wake him up and checked the time on my phone. 

Fuck! It's 11:41am on a Wednesday morning and I have work. 

I regretfully tried to wriggle out of his strong hold to get ready of work. 

I heard a sigh from Jace as his grip around my body tightened. 

"Where are you going?" He asked, his voice raspy and deep from sleep. I had always hated the way people sound when they first woke up but Jace's voice did something to me. 

"Let go! I'm late for work," I said as stably as I could, faking confidence. I didn't want to let him know the effect he had on me. 

"No, you don't."

"What do you mean I don't have work? It's Wednesday."

He sat up, looking and sounding more awake. 

"I woke up earlier than you did, and I was going to wake you up so you wouldn't be late, but you looked so peaceful so I let you sleep in. I rang your boss and told her you won't be in today and then I came back to bed," he explained to me like it was nothing. 

"Oh... thanks I guess." 

"Uh huh. Now you can lay back down and relax for a little longer with me," he smirked and slid back under the blanket. 

"I'm awake now so I'm going to get ready," I said as my legs hung off the bed with my back to him. 

"No, you're not." 

I was suddenly spun round and laid down on my back. When I opened my eyes, I saw Jace smirking at the position he currently had me in: I was lying on my back with his body hovering over mine. He was kneeling down, trapping the lower half of my body in between his legs with his large hands pinning me down by my wrists either side of me. 

I shivered at our closeness, my heart pounding against my chest. He must have noticed me shiver as he let his head hang and laughed momentarily before looking back at me with a boyish grin, his eyes glued to mine. 

A lock of his loose curly chestnut brown hair fell in front of his eyes. His hair looked more ruffled and fluffier than normal. I wanted to run my hands through his hair, combing it back but I fought against it. 

Something silver tucked under his shirt caught my attention. 

He watched me spot the silver chain hidden behind my sweater that was accentuating his toned body. He loosened his hold on my right arm, reaching for the chain. I took advantage of the freedom of my hand and flipped him over so I was now the one leaning over him. 

This took him by surprise as I heard him deeply sigh. 

I grinned at him, now knowing I had the effect on him that I wanted to. He could have easily gotten out of my hold, my hands almost didn't wrap around his wrist, but he stayed where I had put him. I could tell by his eyes that he was curious of what I was going to do next. 

I swiftly took my hair out of the bun I put it in last night. Jace watched as it fell over my shoulders. I took my hand off his wrist and used it to move all my hair over my right shoulder.