ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕨𝕠

They looked at Theo with hope though Iris didn't really know what she was hoping for. On one side she wanted to win to show them not to assume they could easily beat her. On the other she wanted Lando to win because that meant she didn't have to tell him she actually wanted to go on a date with him.

Theo kept looking from Iris to Lando and back to Iris. He clearly had no idea who crossed the finish first. "I- I don't know, it was going so fast." Charles rolled his eyes at him thinking about what he would think if would come to one of their actual races. "I think it's clear Lando won." He said. "No Iris definitely won and even if she didn't, she managed to overtake all of us." George said. Iris was happy they were impressed but she wasn't in the mood to be going back and forth for another ten minutes. She said she wanted to call it a tie. "Are you sure? I actually thought you won." Lando said. "Yes of course, I think I proved that you shouldn't be daring me on my own turf." No one expected her to give up the battle before it had even started but they didn't want to make a point of it.

After getting changed into normal clothes again Iris overheard the conversation being held in the boys lockerroom. "What's going on between you and the girl, Lando?" "Iris? Nothing's going on between us. We just made a bet that of she won I'd have to buy her ice cream and if I won she'd have to go on a date with me." "Well that explains why she just gave up the discussion so easily." Lando was still completely clueless. "Are you stupid or something!? She's clearly into you!" George shouted.

Iris heard Lando responded but she couldn't hear what he said because she jumped at the sound of footsteps approaching. When she turned around she saw Theo stood in front of her. "You know you probably shouldn't be overhearing other people's conversations." She ignored the boy and walked away.

"You guys can already go, I'll see you in a bit." She heard Lando say before appearing in front of the window she was standing behind. "Are you free tomorrow? I know a place for that date and I think you might like it." "Yeah, tomorrow's perfect. Where do you want to meet?" "I was actually thinking of picking you up at your house. If that's okay with you though." Iris blushed and agreed. "I'll send you my adress." Lando looked confused. "How do you have my number?" Iris laughed and showed him the digital form he had filled in a few days ago. "Right" he said, obviously embarrased.

...

Lando and his friends had already left a few hours ago and Theo had also gone home by now so Iris was alone in the office now. She hadn't noticed it was already 6 o'clock. The whole way home she was thinking of Lando, it wasn't so different from what she had been doing all day. There was something about him that pulled her in, she didn't know what it was but she knew one thing: she liked it.

~~*~~
I was planning on posting earlier but this dumb shit accidentally deleted this chapter. And wow I didn't think anyone would actually read my story but after only a few days you already found it.