ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕝𝕧𝕖

Iris and Lando had called until 2 o'clock. Usually they'd call for more than only one hour but they were both too tired. Lando had suggested she could come to his house house again the next day and of course Iris was very excited to see him again.

"Are you going to see your boyfriend again?" Gemma asked as Iris was putting on her shoes. "He's not my boyfriend." She said. "Not yet. You both want it. Why don't you just put the label on it?" "That's exactly my point, it's only a label." "At least you're already admitting this is getting serious. A few days ago you still insisted that you weren't a couple." "That's because we aren't." "Great we're back to that point again." "Bye big sis. I'll see you when I get back." "And when will that be?" Iris shrugged and gave her sister a fake innocent look.

When Iris parked her car, she could see Lando standing in front of the window. It was quite cute seeing him this excited. It was pretty clear to the both of them that Iris was always excited to see Lando but he didn't let it show as much as she did. Until now. He was standing there, waiting for her like he was a dog waiting for his owner to come home.

"Hi doggy, have you seen my friend? He's about this tall" She held her hand at the height of her shoulder. "Heyy, I know I'm short but you don't have to rub it in. And why'd you call me doggy?" His head was slightly tilted, as usual. "Because you were waiting for me like you're a dog and I'm your owner. Plus, you always tilt your head. It reminds me of a dog." He laughed. "Cheers. No honestly it's kind of funny you say that. Once on my stream I was watching a video of a dog who did the same thing and I said it reminded me of myself. Since then people call me out on it all the damn time." "I know, that's why I said it. I saw the video on my instagram." "Are you stalking me online or something?" "No, it's just my instagram feed slowly turning into mostly videos of you and sometimes other drivers or memes. It's probably my phone listening to my conversations and thinking I am a Formula 1 fan."

"Have you ever even watched a race?" He asked. "I've seen small bits when I walk past the TV when my dad is watching but I've never seen a full race." "You have to watch one. You have no idea what you're missing. A lot of people think it's just driving round in circles but it's so much more. First of all, the tracks are never circles. There are corners in all directions and no corner is ever the same. There is so much drama, I sometimes wish I could just watch races again instead of being involved in all of it. Don't get me wrong, I love racing in Formula 1 but it does have it's side effects."

"I completely get it. It can't be easy getting all the media attention. Actually, I wanted to ask you something about that." "Sure, ask away." "I don't know if you'll know the answer but maybe your friends have told you about it." "C'mon ask me, you're really building up the tension."

"I'm sorry. I was just wondering if girlfriends of drivers get a lot of attention or maybe even hate." "Ah, I knew that question would come some day. The amount of attention definately depends on what you do for a living. I think Max's girlfriend, Kelly, gets the most attention out of all of them. But that's mainly because she's the daughter of a Formula 1 world champion, Nelson Piquet. For the other girls it's mainly just the photographers that walk round the paddock who want a picture of them, preferably with their boyfriends."

"So it's not like I will be stalked everywhere I go?" Lando laughed. "No, it's not that crazy. Maybe there's one thing that's also good to know: most people won't see you as Iris but as Lando's girlfriend." "I can live with that." She said in a tone Lando couldn't figure out. "What do you mean with that?" "I think you know what I mean." She looked at him through her lashes. "No, I have absolutely no idea what you could be talking about. Just tell me or I'll find a way to get it out of you." "Oh is that right?" "Yes it is." Lando leaned over to her as if he was going to kiss her but he suprised her by starting to tickle her.

The room was filled with laughter. Iris' laugh was contagious so it made Lando laugh. Which made Iris laugh even more. "Okay, stop stop. I can't breathe." She finally said, still laughing a bit. "Only if you tell me what you meant." Lando said. "Maybe it's time for us to make it official and be like the boyfriend-girlfriend thing." He laughed. "What's so funny?" She said. "You always know how to put things into words, but now you didn't and it was cute." She nudged his shoulder. "But to answer your question, or maybe more like suggestion. Yes, I'd like that very much." This time when he leaned in, he actually kissed her.

~~*~~
I don't know why this almost feels like the end because it's not. I have a lot more in store for you guys. Thanks for reading and don't forget to vote.