ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕤𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

"Hello Mrs Dayton, I'm Lando. Nice to meet you." He said. She pulled him in to a welcoming hug and said: "Please, call me Anne." He nodded his head and smiled. Gemma was the second one to come out and greet their guest. "Hi, I'm Gemma. But I'm sure she's talked a lot about me." Iris expected him to make a sarcastic comment but he didn't. "Relax, my mum already likes you. My sister just wants to scare you." She whispered in his ear.

Iris was afraid her dad would overload Lando with questions. Instead, when her dad came out of the living room, he stopped in his tracks. "Uhm, hello. I'm Robin, Iris' dad." He seemed to be at a loss of words. "Hello sir, I'm Lando." "Yes, I know that. I watch the Formula 1 races every weekend." They both stood in front of each other, not knowing what to say to each other. Iris laughed at them. "You guys need to chill out. Dad, Lando is only a guy, just like you. Lando, it's only my dad, he isn't going to harm you. Even if he'd want to, I wouldn't let him." They both laughed and went to the dining room. "I hope you like beef." Robin said. "I love beef." Lando laughed and Robin joined him.

Lando sat to Iris' right and Anne sat across from him. Robin sat next to his wife, across from Iris. And Gemma sat at Iris's right, at the head of the table. Lando put his hand on Iris' thigh. She grabbed his hand and held it in hers. Lando seemed to relax as the evening progressed and conversation became deeper than the usual small talk like "What made you fall in love with motorsport?" When the two sisters shared a look, Gemma smiled to let Iris know she approved of him.

They all helped to clear the table and moved to the living room. "Shall we play a game?" Anne suggested, mainly directing it to Lando. "Sure, which one do you have in mind?" He asked. Anne dissapeared and came back not long after. She was holding a box with Monopoly in big white letters. "How about a game of Monopoly?" Gemma moved the few ornaments on the coffeetable out of the way.

Monopoly can sometimes be very boring, but when no one really takes it serious, it's super fun. That's exactly wat they did: they took ever every chance they had to cheat and refused to pay rent. It was like Lando had always been part of the family. The room was filled with laughter and arguing over the rules, nothing to serious of course.

When everyone except for Gemma was basically bankrupt, they ended the game. Lando checked his watch to see it was already half past nine. "I think it's time for me to go home." He announced. "You can spend the night here if you want. I'm sure Iris would happily share her room with you. As long as you keep it clean of course." Robin said. "Dad!" Iris exclaimed embarrased. "That would be nice actually. And of course we'll keep it clean." Lando said.

They played a few more games and talked until it was about twenty to eleven. "We're going to sleep." Anne said and her and Robin stood up from the couch. Everyone said their goodnights and they went upstairs. Gemma and the couple stayed downstairs to talk a bit more.

"So Lando, what are your intentions with my little sister?" Gemma said as if she was interrogating him. He seemed taken aback by the question. "I guess making her happy. I've never really thought about it. All I know is I only have good intentions with her." He answered. Gemma thought about his response for a second. "Right answer." Iris and Lando laughed at how silly Gemma was being. "Do you want a desk lamp and a side kick to continue your game of good cop, bad cop?" Iris asked.

Much to their suprise she didn't continue the interrogation. She just yawned and said she would go to bed. Not much later Iris and Lando also went upstairs. When they entered Iris' room Lando asked if she had anything he could sleep in. The outfit he was wearing wasn't necessarily uncomfortable, but sleeping in it wouldn't be nice. "I don't think so. I don't really wear oversized stuff but I'll check to be sure."

"Nope, sorry." She said after going through her wardrobe. "Well I guess underwear it is then." Iris changed into her shorts and top which she usually sleeps in. Lando didn't seem to have a problem with having no clothes up until the moment he actually had to get undressed. He dramatised it much to Iris' annoyance. "Come on, just take if off." When he finally took off his shirt Iris said: "I've seen you shirtless this afternoon. What's the big deal." At that exact moment someone came burtsing throught the door. "It's not what it looks like." Iris said, holding her hands up in defence.

~~*~~
This chapter is a bit shorter but I wanted it to end with a bit of a cliffhanger.
You guys keep suprising me with the amount of people who read this story, we surpassed 5k reads. I love you so much for that.