ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝕗𝕚𝕧𝕖

Iris watched testing at home with her dad and every evening after dinner Lando and her would call. At least for Iris it was after dinner, for Lando it was time for bed after an hour.

No matter what result he got, Iris was proud of him. "It's only testing but it's looking very good for McLaren, Lando might be able to score some more podiums this year." Her dad said. She wasn't a pro but she trusted her dad's knowledge and got really excited. "Do you really think so?" "Yes, their pace is really good. It's not like they're going to be better than Red Bull and Mercedes, but they look very fast." If it was even possible, she got even more excited. "We will have to see in two weeks when they're actually racing."

Lando had a flight back to England in the late afternoon on Monday so by the time he would get home it would be somewhere between six and seven o'clock. Iris sent him a text. But she didn't get a response until 20 minutes later.

Lando🥰

When will you be home? I miss you

Just landed, I'll be there in about an hour
I missed you too X

Great

When Lando drove onto his driveway the lights were burning in the kitchen and living room. Did I forget to turn them off? He thought but then he realised. He hurried inside but there was no one in the kitchen nor in the living room. Except for the lights being on, there was no sign of life. He checked every single room of the house and he even checked his closet, without any success. He was about to give up searching and plop down on the couch when he got a text.

Lando🥰

You done looking everywhere?

It would be easier if you would tell me where you are

Nah that ruins the game

Seriously where are you though?

Ain't gonna tell you
But you might want to put on the outfit on your bed

He walked into his bedroom and found a fancy shirt and some black jeans. He hadn't noticed it before because his room was a mess, as always. He put on the outfit and noticed there was something in his pocket. It was a note with an adress on it. He looked it up and it turned out to be one if his favourite restaurants.

Iris' car was parked in the parking lot where Lando wanted to park his car too. He parked it next to hers and walked to the restaurant. Iris was sitting at a table with her back facing him but he recognised her immediately. "Hey." He said and she jumped.

"Hi." She simply said. "Why did you make me go into every room of the house and then give me this adress through a note in my pocket?" He went straight to the point. "Cause it's funny to see you run around the house looking for me." "How could you see me if you weren't there?" "I was there, I stood outside of the house while you were turning on the lights everywhere." "I still don't understand why. I mean it was so unnecessary, movienight would have been enough for me." "I wasn't in the mood to cook and I knew you weren't either, so it was takeaway or this and I could have more with this." "Still weird." "You have to stop calling me weird." "Secretly, you love it. And it's also true."

Apart from Lando being a bit cranky in the first ten minutes, his mood quickly changed and they had a lovely dinner. It was a pity they had to part again when they each had to get into their own car. They were both going to Lando's house but those 20 minutes were too long for them.

"Isn't it crazy how, since the day we met, we've never spent less time together than the past weekend?" Iris said when they arrived. "I didn't even realise, but it also felt like the longest weekend ever." Lando opened the door and they walked straight to the couch. "And unfortunately there are going to be a lot more of them." "I know." Lando said with a pout. "How am I going to survive all of those weekends?" "I will come to as many as I can so you won't have to miss me too much. Cause trust me, I don't like missing you all weekend either." "Look at us being all cheesy." They both laughed.

"Is it too cheesy if I want to cuddle?" Lando asked insecure. "I thought you'd never ask." Iris scooted over and snuggled against him. "Have you always been a cuddly person?" Iris looked at him with a confused look. "I used to not like cuddling with people but with you I'm always in for it." He explained. "Oh, I've always been a cuddler but even more with you, mostly because you seem to appreciate it too." "Yes I do. How can you not if like it if you can cuddle as gorgeous as you?" "Awww, you're such a flirt."