ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪

Iris was woken up by an alarm, but it was quickly turned off. "When do you need to be at the track?" She sat up and looked at Lando, who was still lying on his belly. "I'm sorry I woke you up. Meetings and media start in about half an hour." "No worries, I had to wake up at some point."

Iris put on a black jeans skirt and a lilac shirt she put a pair of sunglasses in her hair. The outfit was simple but she didn't want to put too much effort in it. She put on some make-up, which she also kept simple.

"What did I do to deserve someone so beautiful as you?" Lando wrapped his arms around her from behind. "Definately not being nice to me." He picked her up and litterally threw her on the bed. Iris squealed. "Don't act like you hate it. You're always being sassy, that's not nice either." Iris shook her head. "Don't turn the tables here Mr Norris."

They got to the track and had breakfast at the McLaren hospitality. Lando had duties so he had to leave Iris behind. She walked through the paddock just to look around. A few photographers approached her and asked for pictures. She passed some interviewers filming in the middle of the way. As long as they don't come up to me and ask me stupid questions, we're fine. She thought to herself.

A girl wearing a Williams mask came closer and looked at her. Iris didn't know what the girl wanted and also didn't recognise her so she kept walking. A Williams employee wouldn't be interested in her. "Wait, you're Lando's girlfriend right?" The girl shouted at her. She stopped walking so the two of them could see each other's faces, or what was visible of it. "Yes, I'm Iris. I'm sorry but do I know you?" She stayed polite for in case it was someone she would see more often.

"I'm Sandra, Latifi's girlfriend." "Omg, hi. I was hoping I would meet some girlfriends, cause I feel like we're the only ones not that busy during the weekend." "I completely understand you. I felt really lonely during my first race weekend." Sandra told her a few things she could do when she got bored and they also exchanged phone numbers. "I'll add you to the groupchat with the other girls. If you ever need a good girl talk during the weekend, you can ask for a friend in there."

Sandra had to leave cause she brought some work with her to do while Nicholas wasn't there. That was one of the tips she gave Iris.

She got a text from Lando asking her where she was.

Lando🥰

I'm just walking around in the paddock.

Can you come to McLaren pls
I need company

I'm on my way

"Do you know where I can find Lando?" She asked one of the staff members. "Probably in his driver's room." "Where's that?" She'd been in his room but she had no idea how to get there. "Up these stairs, then to the probably open door to your right. Against the back wall of that room, you'll find two doors with Lando's room and Daniel's room on it." Iris thanked the man and went to the room.

She knocked on his door and got in. "Why'd you knock?" He asked her. "To see if I could come in. Maybe there was someone here, like Jon for example. I don't want to disturb anything important." "You can always come in, even if I'm with Zak." She said but she knew she would still knock anyway. It was a habit she had.

"What we're you doing, just wandering around the paddock?" "I was just exploring. A few people took photos and I met Sandra. She added me to the groupchat." "Who's Sandra and what groupchat?" Lando sounded like there was some Sandra he didn't like. "Latifi's girlfriend, and she added me to a chat with all of the other girlfriends." "Oh, okay. I didn't even know they talked that much to each other." "How can you not? We're the only people walking around here who are not working." "Fair enough."

In the afternoon, Lando mostly had interviews so Iris could stand next to Charlotte and listen along. It was fun to see Lando interact with the interviewers even though most of the questions were similar to each other.

One of the Ziggo reporters had noticed Iris following him around and asked Lando about her. "Lando, we've seen this girl around you a lot today, can you tell us who she is." Iris suddenly payed more attention because she wanted to hear what he was going to say about her to the public. But Lando signed for her to come over to him. He put his arm around her and looked back at the dutchmen. "This is my beautifull girlfriend Iris and she'll be here all weekend. That's all you need to know, I think." "Maybe you can tell us how you two met." One of them suggested. Lando gave Iris a look asking her if he could tell the story. She nodded for him to tell it.

"Well George, Alex, Charles and I went karting and Iris worked there. We made a bet to see who was faster and obviously I won." The couple looked at each other. "So, Iris, you didn't know he was a Formula 1 driver?" "No, I didn't." "But Lando I thought you said last year that that would be your new opening line. You're disappointing me." "I'm sorry. But apparently I don't need your dating advise. I won her over all by myself."

George, who was passing behind, heard what he said and walked to the camera. "No you didn't mate. Without Charles, Alex and me, you wouldn't have made that bet. So I take credit for this relationship too." "Sure, think whatever you want mate." Lando said and George walked away. Charlotte let Lando know he also had to leave so they did.

~~*~~
This is a bit of an in between chapter. I promise the next will be better. Thanks for reading and don't forget to vote. Also if you have any suggestions for thing to happen, you can always message me.