ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕤𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟

"Two and a half million instagram followers?" Iris shouted. "Girl you've got some competition." Gemma said jokingly, but her sister didn't thinknit was funny. "Yes, and it's not funny! What if they are all after him? What do I do then?" Gemma laughed at her sister. "Calm down, it may sound stereotypical but most of his followers are probably men. The girls who follow him might be after him but why would he even pay the slightest bit of attention to them if he has you." "You only say that because I'm your sister. How do you know that he won't choose anyone else above me." Gemma sighed. "Because he already kissed you and slept in the same bed as you. I have no idea how smooth he operates but usually, that's not something you do after only one date." Iris relaxed as Gemma reassured her.

She scrolled though his instagram for a bit. It was mostly racing stuff and pictures from around the paddock and garage. She couldn't really get to know stuff about him through his instagram. She decided watching a Quadrant video might be a good way to know how he was around friends. Without realising it was already three o'clock she had watched every video. Lando was right, she liked Quadrant and especially Ria. Just the fact she was in a team with four boys and being equal to all of the boys was something Iris could only admire. She had to admit, at first Iris was scared Ria would be a potential threat but they were clearly just friends. Lando was clearly the leader but without getting cocky about it. He could easily draw more attention to himself but he doesn't. It was nice to know for Iris.

Her mom called her for dinner and her sister kept giving her looks. She didn't really understand what they were supposed to mean until Gemma said "Dad, Iris has a new boyfriend." Iris prepared for a load of questions but nothing came. Her dad just looked at her, waiting for her to talk. "He is not my boyfriend, we just went on one date. I don't really want to talk about it until I figure out what it exactly is between him and I." Her dad nodded but her sister wasn't convinced. Iris didn't care though, as long as her dad didn't know too much about it, it was all good. He would freak out if he heard his daughter was dating a Formula 1 driver.

The next day she had to go to work again since it was monday. She got up and did her normal routine: putting on some light make-up and throwing her hair up in a ponytail. On her way to work, she stopped at a Starbucks to get breakfast and her morning coffee. When she arrived, Theo was waiting at the door for her since he didn't have a key. "So, how did your date go?" He asked. Iris gave him a confused look. "Good I guess. Why do you ask?" Theo chuckled. "I know we don't really talk, but I was hoping we could be friends. I think working would be a lot nicer if we could at least have casual conversations instead of avoiding each other." Iris was half shocked at his response. "That's fine by me. I've tried to talk to you but you would always just answer the question and never keep up the conversation. So you'll have to try a bit harder to be friends." "That's because you always ask these boring questions. The small talk is not needed, can't we have deeper conversations than that?" "I guess you're right. How's your weekend been?"

The rest of the day had gone by quickly. On her way home she was thinking about texting Lando but driving and texting wasn't such a good idea. Instead she called him without having a descent reason. As she thought about it again and wanted to hang up, but he had already picked up

"Hello? Iris?" He said. "Uhm yeah hi Lando." "Is everything okay? I didn't expect you to call me." Iris had no idea what to say. I really should've thought about what to say to him. She mentally hit herself. "Uhm yes, everything is okay. I don't really know why I called you. I wanted to text you but driving and texting isn't a good combination." "Yes don't do that, I wouldn't want to be responsible for you crashing your car." "So you care more about my car than about me? Cheers." "I don't even know what car you drive so no, I don't care about your car more than about you." "I drive a Fiat 500, the typical car for 20 year old girls." "Haha, it's a nice car though. I've looked at one for my sister but she'd rather stick to her horses." "You guys have some expensive hobbies." "Yeah I guess a lot of people think we're just a bunch of rich kids, but we've proven we're more than that. There are still people that can get into F1 by having a lot of money but that's not me." If anyone else would've said that, it would sound cocky but for some reason whe Lando did, it wasn't.

"I'll call you back in a second Lando, I'm home and can't really walk in when I'm on the phone." "Okay I'll see you in a sec." Iris went straight to her room and said a quick good evening to her parents and sister.

This time when she called Lando back, she facetimed him, hoping to see his smile again. "Hello gorgeous." He said when he asnwered the phone. Iris' cheecks immediately started glowing. "Hi.. I don't know what to call you. I wanted to be original but I didn't have inspiration." She thought about it for a second. "Ooh I know something. Milkboy." "Where did you find that?" He asked obviously embarrased that she might've seen the original video. "I was watching your Quadrant videos and since then, I've seen some memes on instagram and they said something about you being Milkboy and they called that Spanish guy Chili." Lando turned red. "So you haven't seen where that comes from?" Iris shaked her head. "Phew, please promise me not to watch it before I can explain it?" In the mean time she had looked it up on YouTube and had a video ready just to tease him. "So just to be clear, it's this video I can't watch without you?"