ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝕥𝕨𝕠

Iris had been going back to work and spent the remaining parts of the days at her own house. Lando had also been busy with the new upcoming season. He and Iris called almost every night and fell asleep while still on the phone.

"How many people are coming today?" Iris jumped at the voice coming from behind her. "What'd you say?" She took out her headphones and turned to him. "How many people are coming in today?" He repeated. "Can't you just look it up on your computer? You can see it too, you know." She replied coldly.

"When will things get back to normal between us?" He sounded like he genuinely cared but Iris didn't. "For us, normal is not talking to each other all day. I think we're already there." She was not in the mood to be having this conversation. "Not speaking is not normal, Iris." Her name sounded horrible coming from his mouth. She much preferred Lando saying it. "Normal is not avoiding me at all costs. Last week you didn't come to work for the whole week."

"Don't make this about you. Yes I didn't come to work for a whole week and I know it was a last minute choice but I took a week off. Why do you think just because I go on holiday it's automatically about avoiding you." She was shouting now. Why did he have to make everything so difficult?. "You went on holiday, where? It's bloody February, where do you go in this weather?" "Why do you have to know everthing? When will you get it, I don't like you and I'm not going to tell you about my holiday." She was waving her hands aroud to try and finally get the message to him.

"You're dodging the question, so you didn't go on holiday!" He said as if he had caught her. "Oh my god, I went to Bristol. I met Lando's family and we spent the whole week there. Are you happy now?"  She walked outside to get some air. As soon as she was outside she put her back against the wall and slid down to the ground.

It took her a moment to get up but she had to because there could be a group of 12 year olds coming any moment.

The group wasn't too bad, they weren't rude or anything. One of them gave her a weird look though. After they raced, they were all talking to each other and you didn't have to be a genuis to know they were talking about her. They walked over to her and stopped in front of her, just staring. Until one of them spoke up. "Are you Lando Norris' new girlfriend?" The young boy asked. Iris laughed at them, she expected anything but that. "Yes that's me." She said with a smile. Only the mention of Lando's name did that to her. "Do you have an autograph of him for Luca? It's his birthday." He pointed to his friend.

"I'm sorry no, but I can tell you in which kart he and his friends raced." The boys all looked up, waiting for her to say it.

"They all raced with their own number, so Lando number 4, Alex Albon number 23, Charles Leclerc number 16 but we don't have number 63 so George Russell drove number 9."

"I raced in the same kart as Charles Lecerc!" The other karts that were used then weren't on track. "If we can't get Lando's autograph, can we get yours?" One of them asked. "Sure." It was a bit odd for Iris to sign their papers, but she kinda liked it.

An hour before she had to leave, she got a text from Lando.

Lando

Can I pick you up from work?

Sure, I'll just tell my dad to take my car home Do I need to be concerned?

Not at all
I have a suprise for you

What is it?

It wouldn't be a suprise if I told you

Damnit, I was hoping that wouldn't be a problem

I'm sorry babe, but it is

Lando leaned in the window but no one noticed him. "I made a reservation. Norris." Iris looked up and a smile immediately appeared on her face at the sight of her boyfriend. "I'll be right there, I just need to grab my stuff." She put her phone and headphones in her purse and took her jacket.

"You ready to go?" He asked and took her hand in his. "Depends where we are going." She replied. "To my favourite spot." "And where is that?" "Where we had our second date, if you can call that an official date." "The bench looking out on the river?" "Jup."

"Was this you suprise?" Iris asked when they sat down. "You just had to ruin it didn't you? I was just getting to that." He pulled out a small box from his pocket. At first Iris panicked because het initial thought was that it had a ring in it. But then she realised it was too big for a ring so she called down again. Lando handed the box to her and she stared at it for a second. "Open it." He was getting very impatient. The box held a key and a small metal plate. She took a closer look and saw that there was a picture of them two carved into the plate. Tears started welling up in her eyes.

"What is this?" She asked. "It's a key to my house and a picture of us on a keychain." He said as if it was the most normal thing in the world. "Is this you asking me to move in with you?" The first tear slid down her cheeck and he wiped it away and kept his hand on her cheeck. "Not yet babe, I just wanted you to have a key so you could come over any time you want. Even if I'm not there, you're always welcome. But if you want to move in now, that's cool too. I thought that might be too big of a step." "I think it's too soon too, but I must say I have thought about it cause I basically live at your house half of the time."

"What do you think of the keychain though?" He changed the subject. They would talk about it another time. "I love it, I have been looking for a more personal keychain for a long time so it's like you can read my mind." "Maybe I can."