ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕗𝕠𝕦𝕣

When they arrived at the restaurant and ordered their food, the conversation started with normal small talk. When Iris asked how Lando was that good at karting she noticed him tense up. He answered with "I've been doing it on a regular base since I was seven." "Then how have you never been at our kartingplace?" "Well I was born in Bristol and I've only been living here for a few years and I don't go karting every week, you know." "You sure about that? You beat me on my own track!" Conversations kept going like this.

"What made your dad open up a kartingplace?" Lando asked. "Well my dad has always been into karting and racing. Me not so much but he really is. He's always talking about Formula 1 on sunday evening at the dinner table. When he was about 12 years old he found out he was a very very very distant cousin of Jenson Button. I don't know if you know him but he was a Formula 1 driver up until a few years ago and he has been world champion once." Lando's smile grew while Iris was talking to him about his job and people in the industry without noticing. "Yeah I know him, I've actually met him." "Well then you already know my dad is going to like you." "Already thinking of meeting each others parent, are we?" He said, making sure she knew it was a joke.

...

Lando asked for the cheque so Iris got up to go to the bathroom. "Where are you going?" Lando asked. "I was going to ditch you and climb through the bathroom window." He looked at her not knowing if she was being serious or not. "I'm kidding, I just need the bathroom." He smiled when she walked away. They walked outside and got in the car. After a few minutes of driving he said "We're here." Iris looked outside the window and saw they were outside something called Tutti Gelati with a giant ice cream board. "I thought you might still like some ice cream cause I don't believe I actually won." "Of course I would still like ice cream."

He went basic with vanilla, but Iris got mint chocolate and salted caramel. "How can you just go for vanilla, that's so boring?" "It's not boring, it's a safe choice. You went for a weird choice. Mint chocolate is a classic girl choice, but in combination with salted caramel. I don't know how you manage to get it through your throat. I like both flavours but I would never think of mixing them." Iris brought her ice cream in front of him. "Try it, you'll like it I promise." He put his hand over hers on the cone and licked her ice cream. "Okay it kinda works in a weird way. But that doesn't take away the fact that vanilla ice cream still rocks too." Iris shook her had at him with a smile.

After getting in Lando's car again, he heard Iris curse under her breath. "Everything okay?" He asked without expecting a descent answer. "No, not really. I forgot my keys and my parent go to sleep by 11 o'clock, doesn't matter what day it is. Even on New Years. So they won't be awake by the time we get there and my sister is at a friend's house. "You could come to my place, I have a spare room you can sleep in. If you want of course, I totally get it if you would think it's too soon." "Normally I wouldn't go home with you but since I don't have a lot of other choices, I guess I could." "Okay ouch." "Nonono, I didn't mean it like that! I just mean.." "I was only joking, I know what you mean."

~~*~~
I said the next chapter would be up soon so here it is. Hope you enjoy it!