ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪-𝕗𝕚𝕧𝕖

"That means we have to sell the kartingplace." Her mum said. "Why? Can't you just give all your duties to someone else and still be the owner?" "It's not as easy as that." "It is as easy as that. You can teach Rob and me to do do everything you usually do. There must be a way." "We've thought this through Iris, there is no way."

"Who knows?" "What?" "Who knows? That your selling it?" "Us and Rob." "Great. So you told Rob before your own daughter." Iris stood up and walked away, back to her car. She started the engine and pulled away. While she was driving she called Lando.

"Hey babe, I thought you were eating dinner with your family." His voice sounded through the speakers of the car. "Yeah scratch that, I'm on my way to your house." "What happened?" "I'll tell you when I'm there. Can you just talk to me about something else? I need some distraction to calm down first." He talked about the upcoming race and how he felt about it. He had no idea if Iris was still listening but she asked him to talk so he did.

Lando heard Iris' car pull up on the driveway and walked outside. "I just lost my job." She told him. "What do you mean you lost your job? How?" "My dad got a new job and for some reason they have to sell the kartingplace. They say they've thought it through but they didn't even try to find any other options." Lando put his arms around her and gave her a kiss on her forehead. "Do you know why your dad was looking for a new job?" "No I just got mad because they said there were no other options and then I left." "Maybe that's part of why." "Maybe, but I don't wanna talk about it now."

"Does that mean you don't have to work the weekend of Imola?" "I guess." "So you can definately come to the race?" "I don't see why not." "Yay."

...

It was already a week later and Iris still hadn't spoken to her parents. She and her sister still talked as much a usual but she avoided contact with her parents. She had to go home at some point to get new clothes. She thought it was time for her to go home and face her parents.

"Oh you stopped ignoring us?" Her dad said when she walked in. He was still mad at her for walking out of that conversation. "Look I just wanted to apologise for not really listening and I wanted to give you a chance to explain why." She tried to stay calm. "So you actually want to listen?" "Isn't that what wi just said?" "Alright alright. I want to explain you why I was looking for another job first. Although I love being my own boss, it's very stressful. I have been thinking about stopping for a few years now. I started applying for other jobs about a year ago, while we were closed. Now I got a job offer where I can actually do something with what I studied for. I saw an opportunity and took it. I hope you understand that." "Of course I do. It was just very frustrating knowing that Gemma and Rob both knew before me. I can understand Gemma knew since she's still here every day but Rob was too much for me at that moment." "I know, I'm sorry about that." "I just wish you told me sooner so I could also start looking for a new job and have a smaller gap. Is it already sold?" "There is a possible buyer visiting next Friday. Do you want to be there?" "I would love to but I'll be in Italy with Lando. I'm suprised you didn't move it so you could watch the free practises."

She caught up with her father and took clothed with her for the next week and weekend in Italy.

"I want to talk to you about Lando." Her dad said while she was putting the clothes in a suitcase. "What's the problem?" "There's no problem, I just don't want you to rush anything. You've known him for about three months now but you're basically living with him. I approve of your relationship, I just want to make sure you're not moving too fast." "There's nothing to worry about, dad. When we're together time just flies. We want to enjoy the time we have together because we realise I can't keep moving my schedule around him and he can't do that either." "Then it's all good."

"How did it go with your dad?" Lando saw she brought new clothes and assumed she had gone home. "We talked. I think we're good now. Just so you know, we also talked about you." "Only good things I hope." "Just normal father stuff, he sees his little girl move away from him and more and more to her boyfriend in a faster tempo than he expected. Even though he likes you, he was just worried we were going too fast in our relationship."

"Do you have any idea what you want to do now? Jobwise, I mean." "Not a single clue. I did finish my studies so that will make it easier, but I have no idea what kind of businesses I can work in. I will start looking into that over the course of the next weeks.