ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪-𝕗𝕠𝕦𝕣

"I realised I've never heard you play your drums. Can you play something for me?" Iris asked. "Have you never heard me play?" "Nope." "Well let's change that then." Lando sat down behind his drumset and grabbed the sticks.

He started playing some beats. When he was done he gave her the widest and cutest smile she had ever seen, he was obviously proud of himself. "Wow, I'm genuinely impressed." "Don't underestimate me." "I would never."

"Do you wanna give it a try?" "You do know I used to play drums right? I will make you look like a noob. If I still know how to play, that is" "Come on. I wanna hear you play." "No." He picked her up and tried to put her on the chair but she was resisting. The usual puppy face he pulls didn't work so he tried tickling. She started laughing which in the beginning worked but then she started pushing him away again and almost kicked over a part of the drumset. She stopped laughing for a second and then giggled nervously. Lando started shaking his head and laughing alswell.

"Pleaseeeee, can you play something?" "Alright then. But don't expect too much." She twisted one of the sticks in her hand, thinking of what song to play. "Give me a song to play. But one I know cause I only know like the music they play on the radios." "Do you know Mr. Brightside?" "Yes. But that's a hard one. Give me something easier first." He thought about songs with some good drums under them. "Arctic monkeys?" "You mean Do I Wanna Know?" "Yup." She started playing it.

"That song is basically this the whole song. Give me sonething harder than that but easier than freaking Mr. Brightside." "Real easy, yeah." "How about some of this?" She started playing Wildflower by 5 Seconds Of Summer and sang along.

"You've got a great voice." Lando said in suprise. "And you only realise that now?" "Yes, you always stop singing when you notice me." "That's true." She laughed. "Come on, now I want The Killers." "Okay okay." She played it effortlessly and smiled innocently. "Well damn, my girlfriend beats me at everything."

...

"Do you want to come to the next race?" Lando asked. "Where is it? Not that it really makes a difference." "Italy." "Then I will come." "Italy isn't sunny all year, you know." "Yeah I know, but it's still Italy." "Fair enough."

"When is it? So I can find someone to take over my shifts for that weekend." "I leave on Wednesday two weeks from now but I don't know when you want to come." "Well that depends on the answer I get from my coworkers."

...

It was afternoon when Iris got a call from her dad, which was very unusual because they saw each other every day at work. She had been spending more and more time at Lando's house but still spent half of the week at home. She answered the phone and walked to another room to not bother Lando. "Hi dad, is everything okay?" She said. "Hey darling, could you come home tonight? There is something we need to talk about and work isn't the best environment for that." Her father said, not making any emotions clear in his voice. He also didn't answer her question. That could mean two things: there was actually something wrong or he hadn't heard it. The second option was less likely because he reacted to the first part of her sentence.

"I assume it's too important to wait until I come home." "Yes, indeed. Did you have any plans for tonight?" It was her turn to cook that night so she kinda had plans but she could do that tomorrow. "Nothing special. I was just wondering." "So you can come?" "Sure."

Iris walked back to Lando in the living room. "Everything okay with your dad?" He asked. Although he couldn't understand words from the conversation, the tone of her voice sounded weird. "I guess." She sat down next to him and put her head on his shoulder. "He just asked me to come home tonight. It sounded pretty serious." Lando started playing with strands of her hair. "It'll be fine, just don't think about it too much."

The afternoon was slowly starting to turn into evening and Iris decided to go to her house. The whole ride she thought about what could be so important. Did anyone die? Or someone's in the hospital? Did something else happen to a family member? She had a lot of ideas but she couldn't come up with anything positive so she tried not to think of it. But that didn't really work. More and more ideas kept popping in her head.

She pulled over in front over the house and walked inside. She expected her family to be sitting in the living room but they weren't. She heard voices coming out of the dining room so she went in there. Her parents and sister stopped talking and looked at her. "Sit down Iris." Her father said. "Why so serious? Did somebody actually die?" She asked. The atmosphere in the room got even sadder. "Nobody died. But you're not going to like what we're about to tell you." At that point Iris was expecting something pretty bad. "Okay, tell me." She got impatient. "Well I have a new job." Her dad said. "Why is that a bad thing?" She didn't understand what the problem with that was. "That means we have to sell the kartingplace."