Chapter 15 - Who's at fault here?

"Look Jossie, I know you don't want to do anything right now but just remember that you have a sick sister who is coming home from school by eleven today and would need someone to watch her" my mom shouts from the other side of my door.

After I don't respond I hear her walk away and then I open the door for her to see me finally, "when is she coming home again?" I ask my mom who turns around to look at me in shock.

"By eleven" my mom says and rushes to immediately hug me before I decide to run back into my room, "oh my baby you got me so worried"

"I'm so sorry mom" I croak out and hug her back tightly, "I'm really sorry mom"

She pulls away from me and runs her hands through my hair and around my face, "let's have breakfast" she says, "please"

The emotion in her voice makes me nod my head and I follow her down the stairs to our kitchen where she prepares toast and scrambled eggs for me. I eat it and I can tell just how happy she is to see me in front of her again.

After assuring her that I will take care of Adaira and that she should get going to work she gives me instructions on what to do when Adaira comes home and when she should take her meds.

I decide that the best thing for me to do is to watch Netflix and chill while I wait for Adaira. I make a bowl of popcorn and settle myself cozily on my favorite couch and begin to watch.

Around eleven our front door opens and a bustling red head rushes in while babbling a million words per second and it brings a smile to my face because that's something that hasn't changed.

I get up from my seat and walk into the kitchen behind her, "speak slowly wild horse" I say to her and it's clear she didn't see me when she walked into the house.

"JJ" she exclaims and throws herself into my arms and I hug her back tightly, "I missed you"

"I missed you too carrot head" I say and I begin to feel like a horrible person for shutting her out all this while, "I'm quite curious, why are you back from school so early?"

"Because dummy" she says like I'm the dumbest person on earth, "I am done with my exams"

"Oh right" I say and remember the exams that I have in two weeks. How am I going to do that when I can't even bring myself to switch on my phone, "you go upstairs and get yourself a nice bath and then take a nap okay?"

"Okie" she chirps and hops up the stairs

"Remember, no running on the stairs" I call out after her and she just yells that she knows that much.

I stand in the middle of the kitchen and begin to ponder what I am going to do next with myself, finally I gather the courage to switch on my phone and find out what has been going on in the outside world, as I do this I put in an order for a pizza because I am too lazy to attempt to cook anything when lunch time comes.

As soon as my phone comes on it begins to vibrate from incoming messages and notifications. I begin to scroll through my news feed, feeling slightly relieved when I don't see anything bad.

I decide to open the school group chat which I decided to put on mute that day. As I expected there were a lot of horrible things said about me, I scroll through them and tell myself to calm down but I honestly can't.

There's one that really catches my attention where it says that they just realized how pretty Renae is and how I must have bullied her into being her friend and attached to the post was the video where I shouted at Renae to leave me and a comment from saying that I left Renae alone at the party because I wanted to spend time alone with Shaze.