Chapter 33 - Boy Drama

The sound of the final bell sounding to alert the remaining students in school that the school would be closing down in the next fifteen minutes makes me jump in my seat.

I've only heard the sound once when I snuck in to the school with Flinette to help her stuff a massive doll into Andre's locker. That was back when they hadn't started dating and she still had a massive crush on him and didn't know if he liked her back.

I look at my watch and stare in disbelief as the clock points to 8:30, I rub my eyes tiredly as even I can't believe I studied this late into the night. I pack my books into my bag quickly and stretch as my sore muscles that have been sitting captive for almost 3 hours groan in pain.

Miss Djapple left by seven cause she had things to do and I promised her I would stay back and study a little more. I didn't expect to actually keep the promise and study until this late.

I fish my phone out of my backpack where I tossed it in when I started my deep reading because I didn't want it or anyone to disturb me while I tried to salvage my grades.

I look around me and the library is literally empty except for a few nerds who like me are clearing up their desks and stretching their muscles. I wonder how it feels to be a nerd, to be unnoticed, to be invisible, in the shadows and away from the spot light and the drama that always follows it. I wonder how it would feel to walk through the hallways with no one staring at you or parting the way so that you could pass and they could study your outfit and dissect your every move and action. It must be nice and to be honest, a part of me envies that normalcy and maybe even craves it.

I step out of the warm school building and into the cold of the oncoming winter. The chill I feel reminds me that I need to go shopping for winter clothes because my cropped sweaters aren't going to cut it anymore because winter in Chicago sucks balls like serious balls.

There's a car in the school parking lot that has caught my attention because it has a red haired kid leaning on it. My heart begins to beat faster as he turns in my direction and gives me that gorgeous smile that I love looking at.

I start walking towards him when a small fleeting thought passes through my mind as I see him texting on his phone. Is that the phone he used to emotionally attack me, did he stare at that phone in the middle of the night while he scrolled through the pictures he would send and constructed texts that made me unsure of someone so important to me.

Did he smile at his phone the way he did at me whenever I read the messages, and lastly he held my hand all this while and even kissed me while he knew he was hurting me and putting me through so much.

My steps falter and I don't know if I should even walk towards him or run away, if I run he will follow me and demand that I tell him what's wrong with me which is something I can't do because I'm pretty sure he still thinks I'm dumb and clueless.

As my feet take me nearer I really don't want to be near him because he doesn't let me think and instead makes me forget that he was and still partially is part of the things that caused me pain.

"Hey"

"Hey you" he says and holds my hands tenderly while rubbing my palms so that they can get warm, "I never guessed you'd finish this late"

"Me neither" I say and laugh nervously because being around him right now is making me jittery with nerves.

"When I saw your teacher come out like an hour ago and you didn't I had begun to get worried that some dimwit had succeeded in taking you away from me"

I laugh nervously again because right now I would really like for a dimwit to come take me away from here so that I can have some time to think away from Micheal.