Chapter 20 - Unraveling Treasures

"Where were you?" Flinette demands as soon as I walk in through the front door, "you missed practice"

"I know and I'm sorry" I say, "I just had a few things to deal with"

"Whatever" she dismisses and picks her purse from the kitchen island, "I'm going out with Andre"

I finally notice that she is dressed up, "okay sis, have fun" I walk up the stairs to my room and lay down on my bed.

I take out my phone from my back pocket and open my instagram, I notice that it's been too long since I last posted anything. I sit up immediately and arrange my hair from it's 'I give up' stage to a bun with a few tendrils out by the sides of my face.

I take a selfie and post it, feeling satisfied I strip and go to take a shower. I come out from the shower and stand by the door and watch as every few seconds my phone screen lights up as it vibrates.

I slip into my bunny onsie and crawl into bed along with my BT21 teddies, I hold my favorite one which is kookie, I also slip on my bunny slippers that are so soft and comfortable that they make me feel sleepy.

Feeling comfortable and nestled in my little cocoon I finally open my phone and begin to scroll through my notifications. I already have two hundred likes within twenty minutes and two-fifty comments. I  decide to read through the comments and I am sorely disappointed when it is the same monotonous thing I see from people.

I look like shit and yet half the people commenting keep saying how pretty and gorgeous I look, the other half ask what I use for my hair that makes it so pretty and I know for a fact that I haven't washed my hair since last week.

I drop my phone on my bedside table and check the time on the alarm clock, it's 7:45 in the evening, I spent my time after school at Shantele's place where her mom fed me like she was preparing to slaughter me any second.

I toss and turn as I attempt to fall asleep but all to no avail because by the time I check my alarm clock I see that I spent fifteen minutes tossing. Feeling restless I take off my onsie and change into a sports bra and sports short that are a bit too short since they stop a few centimeters from my butt, I then pack my hair into a tight ponytail and pop a chop stick deep into the band just in case of anything.

I take my earpiece with me since I wouldn't want to be alone with my thoughts when I am running. I tiptoe down the stairs while checking to make sure my mom isn't anywhere near the door.

Feeling successful with my pathetic attempt at being James Bond, I walk out to our front porch and do some stretches so I don't have cramps when I run.

I plug in my earpiece and opt for my soul playlist which contains songs that are deep. I take in a deep breath and begin to run.

I keep running and find myself by the park near Shaze's house, I check my watch and the time is 8:30. I contemplate going on my way but decide to surprise Shaze by appearing at his doorsteps sweaty which is something he hates me doing.

I'm almost at his front door when it swings open and I automatically hide behind the bushes by his front yard. Shaze walks out in a maroon shirt and black ripped jeans and All stars.

I watch as he begins to walk down the street, I don't call out for him but instead stealthily follow behind him. It seems as if he senses someone's following him because he turns around a couple of times but I hide immediately.

We continue this routine and then he walks into an alleyway and I follow suite, he knocks twice on a door and the door opens, he then walks in and the door closes back.

I walk slowly and quietly to the door and read the words Club Felicidad on the sign board. I take a minute to comprehend everything. Does it mean that what I saw in the picture was true. My palms become sweaty and I rub them on my shorts.