Chapter 10 - You don't say

School, the one place I'm dreading to be in, filled with people who can't wait to see me fall. I hate it here, I hate everyone here, I hate the fact that I'm alive right now after ruining a precious person's life.

I walk to my locker and open it and the first thing I notice is Micheals hoodie. I have cried too many times, I can't afford to do that right now so I push the hoodie deep down into my locker along with all thoughts of him. I dump my bag inside and pick the books I need. We're supposed to be having an Algebra test today, I don't even know if I can take it and pass.

I enter the class and see Vicky and Riley sitting at the front row, they also look at me with expressions of anger, fear and pain. I choose to ignore them and sit at the far back of the class. five minutes to the beginning of class Micheal walks in and I see him look around, preferably to make sure that I'm not wherever he wants to sit.

A small smile plays on my face because today I braided my hair and had on a black hoodie over black jeans. He walked to the back and took a seat beside me. I try not to look at him because I honestly do not want him to bolt when he sees me.

The test begins and our teacher begins to call attendance. It reaches my turn and when he calls and I answer with a loud "here", Micheal jumps in his seat and stare at me shocked before his expression turns to disdain.

He raises his hands and excuses himself calling out an excuse of feeling sick before he walks out of the class. my body begins to shake like a leaf and I feel the burning sensation in my throat alerting me that I am about to cry.

I shake my head multiple times to stop myself from breaking down. He doesn't deserve to make me cry, I shouldn't even be getting close to him, he's breaking my resolve and I won't let anyone do that.

*

The rest of the day passes by in a blur, I hardly contribute to any conversation. Whenever I crossed paths with Micheal, I stuck my nose in the air and passed him without looking him in the eye. If he didn't want to talk to me at all then I would do the same.

I am standing in front of the mirror, double checking my outfit for Renae and I's friendaversary which is today. I am wearing a flower patterned rumper which stops some few inches from my knees with brown boots. I have my hair in a half bun, leaving the rest of my hair to cascade down my back.

I double check the time and make sure I'm not late. I pick my phone and wallet pop it into the pocket of the rumper then grab the wrapped package on my bed and head out. I spot my mom on the couch in our lounge room and I consider telling her of my departure but decide against it and simply walk out of the house and hop into Flinette's car which she allowed me borrow.

*

As soon as I reach the amusement park I see Renae holding a sign board with 'WORLDS BEST BESTIE" written on it. I can't help but smile when I see it and walk towards her before she tosses the sign aside and engulfs me in a hug before whispering, "happy five years Jossie", which I whisper back to her and she grins back at me, a foolish type of grin that she reserves for only me.

She grabs my hand and leads me into the place filled with joy and laughter. An hour later we walk out of a boot with Renae pouting with her arms crossed over her chest, "that old cow cheated me"

"I don't think he did"

"I bet he did!" she says indignatedly and waves her middle finger in the direction of the man who just grins wickedly at her. I laugh and pull her away from there before she starts screaming obscenities that would have our ancestors turning in their graves.

I drag her to the Ferris wheel and pay for our tickets before I dump her ungracefully in the seat. the wheel begins to move and I see Renae's eyes shine with excitement as we look out over at the park and the lights.