Chapter 23 - Haywire 2

I walk into my living room and stop momentarily when I see my mom sitting on the couch, I drop my bag on the kitchen island and get myself a glass of water.

"Was that Shaze that dropped you off?" my mom asks and I almost spit out the water.

I swallow the water immediately, "yeah"

My mom goes back to watching the tv and I feel a smile etching it's way to my face since this is the first time my mom has spoken to me. I don't mind that she was asking about Shaze as long as she spoke to me.

I skip to my room and lay down on my bed, feeling delighted. My body is still tingling and the smile on my face from when I walked through my front door hasn't left my face.

I kick my legs on the bed and squeal into my pillow, I can't believe that I just kissed Shaze. I sit up and then lay back down then sit up and lay back and continue in that sequence until I get dizzy and decide that it would be wise to just stop.

I pick Tata from my bed and hug him and the love shape of its face only makes my face warmer and I squeal into it and try to calm myself down.

My phone chimes and I pick it up with the smile still on my face and I see that it's a message from Micheal. I open it and I am greeted with another picture of Shaze and a random girl making out in a place that looks oddly familiar.

I zoom in on the image and try to remember where I had seen the background but the pounding in my head won't let me figure it out. I stand up from my bed and start pacing my room.

It's quite obvious that Micheal doesn't know that I have his number saved and that's probably why he is still sending me these. I don't know whether I should let him know or just let him continue so I can see how far he will go with it.

I gnaw at my nails as my mind is racing in different directions, my phone chimes again and it's another message from Micheal.

M: Is this the man you claim to like.

J: What's it to you?

M: I'm just giving you heads up.

J: Well, I don't need your help so buzz off or else I will block you.

M: If you really wanted to block me you would have done so long a long time ago.

J: fuck off because if you get me mad you won't like what I will do to you.

M: you don't even know me, besides I am just looking out for your best interests, let go of Shaze before things get messy.

I slam my phone on my bed and scream into my pillow, why is Micheal doing all this, what will he gain from hurting me.

I really need to find out what is going on with Shaze, I hate the fact that Micheal knows so much about him and I know nothing.

I look at the time and it's just 7 and I decide that I'll take a quick nap and wake up by 8.

My alarm goes off by 8 and I spring out of bed immediately because even my dreams were hunted by all that has been going on.

I need to know what is really going on with Shaze. I open one of the drawers in my room where I keep my hair products, after searching for a while I find what I am looking for.

I pull out the temporary black hair dye and check the expiration date. I walk into my bathroom and apply it into my hair.

After following the instructions I look into the mirror satisfied with the fact that it is not noticeable that my hair was red before. I straighten my hair so that it's no longer curly and falls straight down my waist.