Chapter 27 - The Truth Untold 3

I look away from my hand that is being bandaged because the sight of it makes me sick to my stomach and I can't bear to throw up any longer because I have been doing that since I got to the hospital.

Shaze is at the other end of the room pacing and muttering to himself while Flinette is sitting on a chair with her head in her palms and beside her is Andre who is rubbing her hair soothingly.

I clear my throat immediately the doctor is done and Flinette lifts her head from her hand and the tired look on her face makes me want to cry.

"Is she going to be okay?" Flinette asks

"It's a deep wound but not too deep so as long as she keeps it dry then we wont have to worry about a problem of infection" the doctor says and as he is about to step out Shaze grabs his hand and stops him from leaving.

"You didn't answer the question" Shaze says.

"I believe I did" the doctor says.

"No you didn't" Flinette quips and stands up from her seat, "you didn't tell us why exactly she didn't feel the pain or couldn't comprehend what was going on"

"I'm sorry I can't really explain that to someone who isn't her legal guardian"

"Who the fuck do I look like if not her legal guardian" Flinette screams and I wince at how sharp her voice came out, "or is my hair suddenly not red anymore or has our family registry been changed"

"Flinette calm down" Andre says and tries to hold her but she moves away from him

"Don't tell me to be calm" Flinette says and wipes a tear, "I can't be calm when something as serious as that happens to my baby sister!"

"Alright then, if you insist then follow me to my office so we can speak in private" The doctor says and I stand up from the bed.

"Why do you have to speak to her in private?" I ask, "what do you have to say about my health condition that you can't say in front of me"

"If that's what you kids want then fine" The doctor says and I can tell that he finds us really annoying, "I checked your records and it seems like your younger sister had a problem with her motor senses"

My palms start sweating and I begin to dread what the doctor might say, "and it seems like you had a head injury in the past that gave you an Intracranial hematoma which you did surgery to remove"

"We know all this" Flinette says impatiently.

"The thing with head injuries is that sometimes there are reoccurrences or side effects that affect patients later on, in Jossie's case, it didn't come back thankfully" the doctor smiles at me in a bid to reassure me, "it's only giving her side effects like slow simulation and emotional disorder"

"Does that mean I'm going insane or might go insane" I ask.

"No, it doesn't" the doctor says, "what it does mean is that you're prone to emotional outbursts, inability to respond to external stimuli in very rare cases"

"What can she do to stop all of that from happening?" Shaze asks and I look up at him.

"For the reaction to stimuli there's nothing much that can be done except from prescribing her pills and for the emotional disorder she'll have to start seeing a psychiatrist regularly"

"So I'm a mental patient now?" I ask and sniff as my nose has begun to feel wet.

"You're not a mental patient Miss Anderson, well not yet" He says and I feel the urge to strangle something, "if you see a psychiatrist regularly then there won't be an issue"