Chapter 8- And then.....?

I have spent a whole five hours without my phone. Why? I ask myself, the answer is quite simple. After calling an Uber and I saw a message from Renae I smashed my phone on the pavement in anger and hopped into my Uber and went home.

Flinette wasn't even shocked when she saw the remains of my phone and only said that she would get me a new one after school tomorrow. Honestly, I am grateful for her lack of inquisition but it doesnt stop me from wondering when she will explode and demand answers from me.

My head begins to pound lightly at just the thought of all the stress I'd have to go through after getting a new phone, from syncing things back and losing the number that was sending me the pictures.

I change my clothes into what I consider to be comfy home clothes and prepare myself to sleep off the headache if not I'd be in a foul mood tomorrow. Sleep begins to find me until I hear the loud annoying voice of Flinette

"The house lines ringing nonstop and we both know no one's going to call that to reach me and since you're the only dumb one around us breaking phones I suggest you come pick then damn call" Flinette yells from down the stairs

"fuck off" I shout back at her and she doesn't respond.
Guilt for snapping at her the way I did consumes me and then I drag my half dressed self which consisted of me wearing only a sports bra and really short shorts. As soon as I get down stairs I am met by Renae who has the guts to look sheepish and innocent.

I roll my eyes and descend the final steps and stand in front of her. From the side of my eye I see Flinette let out a pissed off hiss before she moves past me and goes to her room.

I gesture for Renae to follow me to my room and walk upstairs with her behind me. When we get in, I sit on my bed and wait for her to state her business. After a minute or so of silence I look up at her and notice her staring at a picture of me and my family and I immediately feel the anger coursing freshly through my veins.
Who the hell does she think she is to look at that picture with an innocent look on her face.

It seems like she senses me looking at her because she turns to face me with a small smile but I can see tears at the corner of her eyes. This irritates me even further than I already am and I cross my arms over my chest.

"Don't start with that crap now" I say sharply and she immediately wipes the tears that were forming and sits down on the edge of my bed and still doesn't say anything. I sigh and run my hand through my hair, "what is it?"

She sighs, "Are we still on for Friday?"

I cock my eyebrows high and look at her, is that the reason she came all the way here? I honestly doubt it, she must have come here to see the results of her actions, whether they affected me or not. I know this ploy she's playing, she's played it one too many times in the past when I was oblivious to the fact that was just string me along, she's trying to put me in my place.

She must be confused. I am not the one who needs to know my place, she is the one. Her priorities are obviously misplaced if she thinks she can steal from me, lie to me, humiliate me, make me lose the most precious thing to me, destroy my mental health and go scot free. I will make sure to make it known that no one dares mess with me after I'm done with her.

"Sure" I grit out and paste a plastic smile, she seems to accept this and pulls me into a hug.
In the past, I lived for these hugs, but now her arms around me simply revolt me. It makes me want to scrub where she touched me so hard that I bet my skin would peel off.

She pulls away and with a snide curl on her lips she drops the final bomb, "great, now I have to go cause I have a date with Jordan"

My lips begin to twitch in a manner that I recognize as me losing my last shred of patience that is stored up for everyday "well then, let me not hold you back" I say and walk her to the front door.