Chapter 22 - Haywire

I pace Shantele's room while biting my nails, I stop pacing but continue.

"Stop it" Shantele says, "you're making me dizzy"

"I can't help myself" I say and sit down dejectedly on her bed, "how is Micheal mysterious messenger?"

"I'm as confused as you are on this" Shantele says and scoots over so I can lay down with her on her bed.

"Why would he do this?" I ask and settle in comfortably.

"Same question I have growing in my head" Shantele strokes my head and gives me a peck on my forehead.

I rub my eyes tiredly and sigh as I feel frustrated as to why he would do something like that.

"Maybe he was jealous" Shantele says and I stare at her confused.

"Jealous of what?"

"Maybe he was jealous of you and Shaze's relationship" Shantele adds.

"Why would he be jealous?"

"Because he likes you" Shantele says clearly irritated with my slow pace and I huff out a frustrated breath.

"Should I ask him about it?" I ask and look at Shantele

"Do you think that's a good idea?" Shantele arches her brow like I just asked her a stupid question.

"No" I say and cuddle closer to Shantele and breathe in the warm scent of Chocolate that she has, "you wont ever leave me right?"

"Stop asking me that" Shantele scolds, "because I will never do that"

I smile and snuggle into her covers and close my eyes in hopes that my mind would stop racing and the pounding in my ears will cease. I look at the ceiling of her room and remember when I was oblivious to a lot of things and had no worries in the world.

"I wish I could turn back time" I whisper as I fall into a sleepless slumber.

*

The sound of Shantele's annoying alarm wakes us up from our sleep and we both jump out of our beds, confused as to where the sound is coming from. We look at each other for a while as both our hairs look like a replica of a birds nest.

We finally regain part of our senses and Shantele slams the snooze button on her alarm and we both sit back on her bed, still trying to regain the remaining part of our senses.

"I feel like crap" I admit and rub my temples as I feel a headache coming up.

"You're not the only one" Shantele says and yawns as she begins to scratch her tummy.

"You look like a monkey" I say as the image of Shantele with her bird nest hair and her scratching her tummy is too much for my muddled morning to comprehend.

"I do?" She asks confused and yawns, "I'm going to have my bath"

I nod my head and this wakes me up as I fully become aware of what has been going on, I rub my temple again as the headache has finally arrived and it is driving me insane. I look at the calendar and thank the heavens that today is Friday.

I get up slowly from the bed because standing up fast would only make me dizzy and lose my vision for a couple of seconds. Once I finally stand up, I open my carry over bag and take my necessities out and head into the bathroom opposite Shantele's room.

*

"Today seems weird", Shantele comments out of the blue and it startles me because we have been sitting in comfortable silence for the past thirty minutes.