Chapter 34 - How Can You Forget Someone You've Loved For Years?

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I ask

"Because I'm just wondering about something" he shrugs

"That is?" I ask, wanting him to stop looking at me intently.

"Why you suddenly changed your mind about me"

I place the knife slowly on the table, "Because as I said in school I realized I was being selfish and I chose to change and be a better person"

"But I like you just the way you are"

"Fucked up?" I ask and laugh, "I don't like the me of today and I am sure a lot of other people feel the same way too"

"Why does everything always have to revolve around what others think about you?"

"I don't know, maybe it's because for the past few years of my life I shaped myself to rely on what others thought of me and now I find it hard to stop myself from thinking like that" I sigh and I like the fact that I am being honest with myself and Shaze.

"Well to that I'll tell you to stop thinking about what others have to say about you and just be the best you can be"

I nod my head multiple times and feel a sense of relief knowing that Shaze and I still have each others backs and we can still stay around without having the sexual tension from before surrounding us and reminding me of our errors.

His face leans in closer to mine and I am once again captivated by the blue of his eyes and how his eyes used to crinkle whenever he smiled at me.

My eyes scan his face and slowly I raise my hand and trace his facial features, "I'm sorry for hurting you all this while" I whisper and he leans into my palm on his face.

He takes hold of my hand and pulls me into him, my breath hitches and I am reminded why he is called a sexy piece of meat, the smell of his woody cologne that I bought for him for his last birthday makes my mouth water. I clear my throat as I try to reign my thoughts in and not let them spiral out of control.

"How do you forget someone you've loved for so many years?" Shaze whispers into my ear and his breath on my ear makes my stomach tighten.

I try to speak but words fail me as I am reminded of what Shantele asked me when I told her about Micheal and I, when she asked if I really stopped liking Shaze.

"What are you doing Shaze?" I ask, my voice coming out as a whisper.

"Kissing you"

"Why?" I ask and my mind is screaming for me to get back but I just stand there watching the blue in his eyes.

"To prove that you can't easily forget someone you've loved for years"

His warm lips touch mine and all my thoughts get scrambled as I can't think straight. His hand holds my face while the other rests on my waist and pulls me closer to him so that there's no more space between us.

My hands rest on his shoulders and his hand on my face moves to my waist and he hoists me up so I can sit on the kitchen table. My stomach keeps giving me butterflies and wherever he touches me feels electric.

As we pull apart, I begin to feel stupid and a blush creeps to my cheeks as I realize the precarious position that we are in with me sitting on the kitchen and him standing in between my legs.

"Why can't you forget me?" I ask, my voice still coming out as a whisper.

"I don't know" he answers truthfully and I nod my head.

"I need time to think" I say and hop off the table, "I think the water is almost done boiling" I say and point to the bubbling pot.

*