Chapter 3 - You (EDITED)

Its that wonderful time of the day that allows me to take in a deep breath of one of the things I love the most, food. Shantele and I are sitting by our designated table. I look down at my untouched food and feel disappointed at my lack of enthusiasm for food today, I look up and see Shantele's half empty full tray and it brings on a fleeting sense of joy to watch her happily doing something.

"Shantele can I talk to you for a minute?" I ask while playing with my untouched fries and making a mess of them by mixing them with the ketchup.

"Sure, what's up?" She asks in between mouthfuls of the sandwhich she has been decimating.

"Well it's about what happened at the party" I say and tentatively place a piece of my creation into my mouth and make a sound of delight when it brings back my appetite.

"Oh that" Shantele says with her eyes glinting and if not for the fact that I was savoring my masterpiece I would have put two and two together, "you know the kiss you and Shaze had was amazing" she says proudly and takes a big sip from her sprite.

"It was you!" I exclaim and choke on a fry that I hadn't properly chewed, Shantele pats my back and I nod my head to show her that I'm alright now "That's by the way" I say using my hand to gesture that we will get back to that another time and take a huge gulp of water to stop myself from coughing
After regaining my composure, I clear my throat and continue "I don't know what's up with Micheal, I kissed Shaze then Micheal just stormed off with an angry expression on his face"

Shantele doesn't say anything and just stares at me, slowly her lips start curving up and wicked grin lights up her features

"OMG!"

"OMG what?"

"OMG, he likes you!"

"OMG who likes me?" I ask very confused

"OMG Micheal likes you!"

"That's impossible" I say and take another huge gulp of water to stop myself from choking on my own words.

"Well if he doesn't he wouldn't just storm off like that!" Shantele says and begins to wiggle in her seat, "Think about it B, the signs are there!" She says obviously over excited.

I pop another fry into my mouth and begin to think about what she just said when I feel a hand on my shoulder. I look up to see Jordan and wince.

"Can we talk for a minute?" He asks. I just continue sitting down like he isn't even there or like his presence isn't even affecting me and pick another fry which I attempt to enjoy but sadly my appetite is long gone.

"I'll just be going" Shantele says slowly as she stands up, waves at me and walks away even though I give her signs not to do so. Jordan sits down besides me, where Shantele was sitting.

I resist the urge to rake my nails through my hair after Shantele walks away and instead begin to absentmindedly eat my fries.

"Jossie, can we talk?" He asks and I continue to ignore him, "Jossie, I'm sorry if I offended you or made you feel like a messenger"

I continue ignoring him praying to God that something can take me away from here when my phone rings, without looking at who it is I pick up the call and get up to leave the cafeteria.
I'm walk as fast as I can out of the cafeteria and down the hallway, past the bodies of students moving around me and trying to get a look at my face.

"Hello?" I say breathlessly into my phone while trying to move past the students without calling their attention towards the red headed glory which is me, success is looking great until a hand grabs my arm, spins me around and yanks me into a massive bear hug.
My body goes into full alert mode before the smell of Jordan's cologne calms me down but my body stiffens the moment it occurs to me that I'm in the arms of the person I'm trying to run away from.