Chapter 24 - Bonds

I wake up feeling a bit distorted since I didn't get a good night sleep because there was a lot on my mind. I push my covers off me and rest my head in my palms as I try to get my bearings and understand all that has been happening so far.

Has my whole life been a lie, no, that's just being drastic, has the past five years of my life been a sham. How did I not notice the changes in almost everyone around me, what was I so absorbed in that I couldn't see what had been happening to me?

I get up from my bed and stretch my body a little bit as I stare at my room, it still looks the same as it was five years ago when Renae helped me redecorate it.

I can still picture us together plastering my pastel wallpapers and deciding what colour I wanted my little sofa to be, I can still see us lounging on my bed and discussing trivial topics. I look at the ceiling and see the drawings we drew so that we could picture the evening sky as we talked and laughed.

A laugh escapes my lips followed by many more as I run my hands through my hair and try to regain my composure. I hear the pounding in my head and I instinctively reach for my reading table drawer where I put my pills.

I take out the pill bottle and contemplate taking it, I hate how it makes me feel calm when I should be angry but right now the pounding in my head will drive me crazy before life does. I swallow a pill and take a gulp of water from the water bottle that I always have by my bedside.

I take a quick shower as I am not feeling up to having a long and languish bath, I wear a baby blue sweater with blue jeans and pack my hair into a ponytail.

I walk down the stairs as I try to remember why I was angry this morning, the living room is empty but I can hear sounds coming from the kitchen. I see Flinette making waffles and it causes a huge smile to make it's way to my face.

I hop up to her and hug her from behind as I inhale the scent of her shampoo, she looks surprised to see me but doesn't say anything and just continues with what she was doing.

"You seem to be in a good mood" she says and places waffles on a plate for me.

"I do?" I ask and place my hands on my cheeks, "is it weird?" I ask

"A little" she says, "compared to the fact that I am used to your moody and broody behaviour"

"Me? Moody?" I ask confused as I try to recollect if I have ever been like that before, "I don't think so"

She stares at me unsure of what she should say next, she places another plate opposite mine which I guess is for her and just shrugs.

"Thanks for the breakfast" I say and take a big bite from my waffle and sigh as it's wonderful taste melts in my mouth.

"Did you take them this morning?" Flinette asks

I look at her confused with a mouth filled with waffle, "Take what?"

"Your pills" She says and gets up to get herself a glass of orange juice.

"I did" I say and it finally hits me what was wrong with me. I drop my fork on the table as I feel the all too familiar feeling brewing up inside me, "fuck"

"You got that right" she says as she comes back with two glasses of orange juice, she takes a sip from a glass and sets the other one in front of me, "I thought you stopped taking them"

"I did" I say and groan, "but I had a terrible headache this morning so I had no other choice but to take them"

She sighs and reaches across the table to give my hand a reassuring squeeze, "want to hang out today?"