Chapter 16- Royal Pardon

“Renae” Micheal repeats in disbelief, “are we talking about the same Renae that is your best friend?”

“Yes we are” I say and laugh, “How ironic it really is that she would be the one to stab me in the back”

“How do you know that it really is her” Micheal says as more of a statement than a question and I get where he is coming from.

“He came to meet me, Kevin” I start and clear my throat, “by the time I resumed for the new semester people had stopped talking about the drama and were actually minding their business and it honestly seemed like everything was finally going back to the way it was except for the fact that my little sister was no longer with us” I stand up and begin to pace the room, “Renae went back to being the way she was before the whole incident, we never fought about anything again, I didn’t even cross paths with Kevin again, Flinette and Shaze saw to that and so I lived the next two years plus in complete ignorance of the real truth until last summer when he came to meet me”

“Kevin?” he asks and I nod.

“He was drunk that day and said he needed to get something off his chest and that it seemed like he was misled, I was a bit confused about what he was talking about because the meds I had started taking the previous year made me forget the whole ordeal, so you could imagine my shock when he brought the issue up” I sit down back, “he told me that Renae met up with him before the party and told him that it's because she is my friend that she knows how I work and that he should be careful of me because I only wanted to use him”

“No way” he says

“Believe it or not but it's true because the day of the party when I went outside of the house with Shaze only proved Renae’s point further and so when I confessed it really got him angry and he blew it up” I continue, “if it had ended there I might have been able to forgive her but because of the row we had in the cafeteria before I went to look for Kevin, Renae took the video of our conversation and posted it to humiliate me”

“I can't believe she would go to such lengths” Micheal says finally after a while of being unable to form a coherent sentence.

“Neither did I until he showed me some concrete proof and then it all clicked, her change in attitude, everything just clicked together” I begin to cry once more, “I was always a fool and still am that’s why I was too blind to see it all along even when Flinette suspected it I brushed it off and told her to drop the issue”

“Does Flinette know the truth?”

“Yeah, and she went bat shit crazy when she found out” I say with a chuckle at the memory, “took days to calm her and myself down”

“Why haven’t you done anything about it?”

“Believe me, I want nothing more than to walk up to her and slap the shits out of her but I want to make her suffer and feel the pain I felt back then and still feel now” I say.

“That’s why you act the way you do”

“Yeah” I say feeling ashamed of myself, “that’s why and also because I haven’t been on my meds lately, I hated how it made me forget everything that happened in the past, how it made me forget how blinded by my emotions I was that my little sister had to pay the price for it”
Micheal leans forward and hugs me and I hug him back, enjoying the small comfort it brings to me.

*

“Thank you for dropping me off” I say to Micheal as I get out of his car in front of my house, “it saved me the stress of walking in this weather that is beginning to get chilly”