Chapter 26 - The Truth Untold 2

I return back to Adaira's room feeling anything but happy or elated, I had fangirled so much and so hard and it was all for nothing, I can't believe that he wasn't what I thought he was and it was all my fault.

I guess Renae was right, I wasn't such a good person back then after all, I wonder who else my unwise actions have hurt.

"What was all that about?" Flinette asks me as soon as I sit beside her.

"Nothing that concerns you" I say and wince at how sharp my voice came out and I rub my eyes tiredly as they have started to ache, "I didn't mean to come off that sharp, I'm sorry"

"What happened?" Flinette asks.

I don't want to drag her into my problems, I have already given her a lot to worry about and I don't want to add more to her already full plate, I only want her to have good memories during her last year in high school and it would be unfair to her if I take that away from her.

"It was just a little argument that we had but it's all solved now" I lie and it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

"Is that so?" Flinette asks and I can tell she isn't eating that shit one bit but it seems like she knows that I don't want to elaborate on it, "okay then"

We spend the rest of our time in Adaira's room in awkward silence that was only filled with the sound of the clock in the room ticking away, reminding me that Adaira's time unconscious keeps increasing.

We finally leave the hospital around seven and we both agree that we're too lazy to go home and cook or wait for takeouts to arrive so we settle for a fast food diner that serves the best burgers I have ever tasted.

After ordering we settle into our booth and wait for our orders to arrive, I look around the diner and admire the décor, I pull my phone out and decide to take a picture of it so that I can post it later on. I take the picture but something catches my eye in it.

I study the picture thoroughly and see two figures that look oddly familiar but I just can't seem to figure out where I saw them from, I look up from my phone and locate the two figures sitting at the opposite end of the diner from us.

The blonde hair of the girl bobbing instantly reminds me of Renae and I hate that I still think about her, a waiter drops our orders and I tell myself to focus on the burgers instead of the blonde female.

"Their burgers never fail to amaze me" Flinette comments with her mouth full and I laugh at how goofy she looks.

"Ever heard of table manners Miss spits a lot?" I tease.

"I don't spit" Flinette says and parts of her burger lands on the table and I laugh when she hurriedly wipes it away.

"Sure you don't Miss spits a lot" I say and take a bite from my burger and I let out a contented sigh as the taste of the burger puts my mind at ease, "I could eat here forever"

"Sure you could" Flinette says, "then all your years of dieting would all go to waste"

"True that" I say and we clink our milkshake glasses.

The bell for the door jingles and I look up instinctively and see Renae and Jordan walk in, I choke on the fries I was chewing and take a big gulp from my milkshake.

"You okay?" Flinette asks and turns her head in the direction I was looking at, "Ouch"

"Thanks a lot Flin" I say and use a napkin to clean the corners of my mouth, "Real helpful"

"You know me" she says and take a huge bite from her burger, "Miss helpful they call me"

"No they don't" I say as small laughs escape my lips at how nasty she looks when talking with her mouthful, "And haven't I told you to stop talking with your mouthful?"