Chapter 44 - Long Live The Queen

I turn quickly and run back into the school building, I clean at my eyes and see Flinette standing and watching me, “my acting is so damn good” I say to her and laugh.

She pulls me in for a hug and the gesture alone makes me begin to cry again, “I’m such a great actress so why does it still hurt so much that it feels like I could just die?”

“To love and stop loving isn’t easy” she whispers and I grip her tighter.

“I hate that I still feel this way after all this time” I cry into her shoulder as she strokes my back comfortingly, “I hate that I will still have to see his face and remember how much he hurt me”

“Just leave with me then” Flinette says and I pull back from her, “Let's forget all of this and move to California together”

“I can't leave my friends behind and go to somewhere where I might even end up being out casted” I say

“Don’t be deluded” Flinette snaps and it takes me off ground, “Look around you, there’s no one for you to call for a friend around her except for Shantele because the rest either fear you or suck up to you hence no one is really on your side”

“It's still not enough to up and leave” I reply adamantly.

“You're still going to up and leave when it's time for college”

“That’s different” I snap feeling frustrated with her hard headedness.

“How’s it different from doing it a year and half earlier” she says, “Think of this, what do you think will happen after you ruin Renae and Micheal? You think your life is going to remain the same and it’ll all be rosy all round? Think again because people will find out the truth if you remain here and if Renae manages to gain sympathy then you're back to being the heartless bitch who stabbed her friend in the back”

“Then what am I supposed to do?” I snap, “run away?”

“You're not running away, you're simply taking a bow after the huge performance you did” she whispers into my ear, “Think about it, wouldn’t it be better to leave as the girl who got betrayed by her friend and gain so much sympathy than to later on leave as the crazy psychopath who plotted to ruin her friends lives”

“But what about Shanty” I ask, “I can't just leave her behind”

“You can and you will” Flinette says with finality, “after all you owe me for all the sacrifices I made for you”

I want to object but the guilt of how much Flinette had to give up for me still weighs on my chest and makes me question my logical decisions, “Fine”

“Great!” she exclaims and kisses the top of my head, “I’ll call Mr Farrand to tell him, now run along and go have the final rehearsal”

*

“We welcome you all to the 45th annual sports game!” A voice booms from the loudspeakers. I check myself in a mirror to make sure the ribbons in my hair stay intact throughout the cheer performance, “And now we give you Parkinson Academy’s Cherry Bombs!”

We run out into the large auditorium, the sound of so many people cheering us on has me momentarily stunned, I’ve never stood in a gathering as large as this and it has my heart beating really fast and adrenaline running through my veins. 

Flinette grabs my hand and pulls me along with her towards where the other cheerleaders are standing and waving at the crowd.

“Once more we are here to say goodbye to another impeccable Cherry Bomb captain Flinette Anderson!”